• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW F80 and looking at buying a Frog Eyed Sprite for weekends...(and possibly a second hand clunker for winter travelling to work this year)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure my Jag is an S-Type (v6 3.0 litre)

I was lent the successor, a Jag XF, as a courtesy car a year or two ago, and frankly I preferred the S-Type. Seems more chunkily built.

When it conks out, I may go for a Lexus.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I've at least 40 cars, mostly crap, but with some highlights. Crap ones first...

1. Some sort of Volvo 360GLi with broken power steering and a speedo that said none mph all the time.

2. Several Renault 21 Savannah's to make one good one which never happened. Was skint at the time with five kids to ferry about.

3. Maserati BiTurbo, shed of a car.

4. Mini Metro, used to shimmy left/right at the front all the time...

5. Renault 19 with the most alarming big end knock that never actually crapped out.

The good stuff;

1. Cadillac CTS, just got rid cos I don't drive anymore

2. Alfa 75 TS, best drive of all the cars I've had.

3. Lancia Gamma Coupe, had two of those, beautiful car

4. 1976 Aston Martin DBS V8, only had it a few weeks, clutch was monumentally heavy, left leg was shaking after the East Lancs Road commute I was on then.

5. Audo Quattro 200, unstickable.

6. Cadillac Convertible, 1963, cool as fook, rusted away....

7. Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 1975, 8.2 litre, 180hp, but could pull a tree stump out of the ground easy...
        I thought that DodgyAgent was the used car dealer...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've at least 40 cars, mostly crap, but with some highlights. Crap ones first...

1. Some sort of Volvo 360GLi with broken power steering and a speedo that said none mph all the time.

2. Several Renault 21 Savannah's to make one good one which never happened. Was skint at the time with five kids to ferry about.

3. Maserati BiTurbo, shed of a car.

4. Mini Metro, used to shimmy left/right at the front all the time...

5. Renault 19 with the most alarming big end knock that never actually crapped out.

The good stuff;

1. Cadillac CTS, just got rid cos I don't drive anymore

2. Alfa 75 TS, best drive of all the cars I've had.

3. Lancia Gamma Coupe, had two of those, beautiful car

4. 1976 Aston Martin DBS V8, only had it a few weeks, clutch was monumentally heavy, left leg was shaking after the East Lancs Road commute I was on then.

5. Audo Quattro 200, unstickable.

6. Cadillac Convertible, 1963, cool as fook, rusted away....

7. Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 1975, 8.2 litre, 180hp, but could pull a tree stump out of the ground easy...
          Sorry to be really pedantic on this, but... the original DBS V8 ceased in 1971. It was renamed the AM V8 from 1972 onwards, pretty much same shape and engine though. I got the full 9 yards from my dad at a classic car show in the early 80's, he was dribbling all over it, but I was more smitten by an early Lambo, which was probably the Miura, but I can't be sure.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One should not be thinking about the car he/she's got, but the car he/she will get...

Comment

Astra 2.0 cdti Sri

Crap car but it has seven letters after its name

Who can beat that

(it's also 30 quid a year Road tax, cam return a genuine 56 mpg but not the way I drive. Its the cheapest way of wearing out the m56 I could find)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                (it's also 30 quid a year Road tax)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  It's popular with the ladies because that's who drives 'em.
                  yep the Mother in law loved hers. Admittedly she was in her late 60s when she owned it. She has some BMW town wagon now.

Me the Mighty Mondeo. Dirt cheap motoring !

when I have finished the house I'm after a Jag probably an S type (I know its old hat but they look great).
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yep the Mother in law loved hers. Admittedly she was in her late 60s when she owned it. She has some BMW town wagon now.

Me the Mighty Mondeo. Dirt cheap motoring !

when I have finished the house I'm after a Jag probably an S type (I know its old hat but they look great).
                    Very much doubt your mother in law had a 310 BHP 2015 TTS but you never know.

Comment

Isn't that one of the longest non-limo cars ever made?
                      • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                      • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Working...
                      X