• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot motor yer driving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    My car is a tatty old banger.
    FTFY
    Well yes i did say it was probably the cheapest. Have to say the paintwork and interior was immaculate, needs alloys refurbishing (but why bother) and has a number of toys. Bought as I was going cross country to work and wanted the 4x4 for winter. No likes an unreliable contractor. Or one that turns up in a better motor than the MD.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I thought every contractor had a Plan B

Milan.
      Mine was to sell the parasites. Now that'll have to change given they're both over 16.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Yet you mention the MR2 Roadster
        That car was a legend i drove it like i stole it... loved it to bits till I swapped it for my first SL

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
          Merc CLS63 AMG. 5.5L Biturbo V8 with 557 BHP. Makes up for having such a tiny ****.

Awesome car, sh*t service from Merc. I wouldn't trust them to fix me a bath, let alone anything to do with my car....
          MB dealer quality varies wildly. thankfully Bath is good. out of interest how do you find the Full AMG suspension on the roads?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Mine was to sell the parasites. Now that'll have to change given they're both over 16.
            Just rent em by the hour!

Miss V number 1 is working at our local chip shop and its doing her the world of good. Teenage whinges down by 80%
            Last edited by vetran; 2 September 2016, 21:21.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              What we all driving these days?
              Audi Scandal A6 and a Kwak Z800 (the latter currently covered with several layers of garage dust).

Comment

Dunno about the latest model Audi A4 but the previous model was a shocker. Cheap non metal pedals, an indicator stalk that felt like it would break every time you used it, flimsy central buttons. Not at all a patch on the equivalent Merc or BMW
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Dunno about the latest model Audi A4 but the previous model was a shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    MB dealer quality varies wildly. thankfully Bath is good. out of interest how do you find the Full AMG suspension on the roads?
                    Manchester and Sheffield Merc dealers both crap.

Got the airmatic adjustable suspension so 3 modes, comfort, sport, and spine removal.

Comfort is spot on for when the old folks are in the car, soaks up the bumps. Sport is how I drive it most of the time and Sport + (spine removal) is for when it's really time to push it.

The most fun feature though is the "handling" mode on the traction control. Knocks it half off and lets you get the tail out without parking it in a hedge. Costing me a fecking fortune though, current set of rears has lasted just over 5000 miles and will need changing in the next 1000....

On the flip side, it's a joy getting up in the mornings knowing the fun you're going to have, and when the client asks what car you drive you just say a CLS which leaves them thinking it's a standard rep mobile
                    Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

F type s coupe

Comment

Working...
                      X