• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gravel, gravel everywhere

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I hate cyclists on the roads, bloody nuisance they are.

Hate horses on roads too, don't they have their own bridle ways?
    Horses and bikes were there before cars.

Oh and they do have bridle ways but most tend to go onto roads..
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
      ...Horses have priority over all other forms of transport...

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that
      That's because it isn't true.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        That's because it isn't true.
        Oh yes it is.

Unless it's one of those hundreds of laws repealed by the Bliar to annoy us country types.

Comment

Oh yes it is.

Unless it's one of those hundreds of laws repealed by the Bliar to annoy us country types.
          Do all country types have the same irritating turn of phrase, or is it a particular feature of the Gittins Gal stable of sockie numpties?

Comment

Horses came first. Roads were built for horses.

Horses have priority over all other forms of transport in the same way as sail before steam at sea.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten that
            Yes, horses came first. But then mankind decided to better himself and invent something superior, whereby horses were consigned to sporting & leisure purposes, and should therefore spend as little time on the roads as possible.
            And if you think a pissy little sailboat can claim right of way (or whatever that is in sea speak) over a several thousand tonne container vessel, don't ever invite me for a day's sailing in the Channel. I'll be declining, just so you know.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Yes, horses came first. But then mankind decided to better himself and invent something superior, whereby horses were consigned to sporting & leisure purposes, and should therefore spend as little time on the roads as possible.
              And if you think a pissy little sailboat can claim right of way (or whatever that is in sea speak) over a several thousand tonne container vessel, don't ever invite me for a day's sailing in the Channel. I'll be declining, just so you know.
              You have obviously never been acquainted with the joys of a good hack on an old nag when the sun is shining.

One of those life affirming experiences.

Comment

You have obviously never been acquainted with the joys of a good hack on an old nag when the sun is shining.

Ah, this reminds me of my escapades of last year

Comment

On the other hand, I have been acquainted with the experience of riding a horse whose sole wishlist for the day seemed to consist of trying to kill me - he found every low hanging branch (assuming, possibly correctly, that my head was a superfluous appendage), and despite assurances that he would never even break into a trot, he decided to occasionally have a crack at qualifying for the 2000 Guineas.
                  To me, a good old hack & an old nag, is sneaking off for a fag when I've upset the missus, and the sun ain't shining then, trust me.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    On the other hand, I have been acquainted with the experience of riding a horse whose sole wishlist for the day seemed to consist of trying to kill me - he found every low hanging branch (assuming, possibly correctly, that my head was a superfluous appendage), and despite assurances that he would never even break into a trot, he decided to occasionally have a crack at qualifying for the 2000 Guineas.
                    To me, a good old hack & an old nag, is sneaking off for a fag when I've upset the missus, and the sun ain't shining then, trust me.
                    very good

Comment

Top Dressing.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X