• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I want Article 50 and a hard Brexit NOW.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I want Article 50 and a hard Brexit NOW.

Lets get Project Bollox (as I will refer to it henceforth) underway immediately and stop poncing around like a dingleberry turd attached to the underside of Europe.
    The reason I say this is it's the only way to bring reality to the fantasists/idiots/thickos/cretins who voted Leave and show them that in the modern world all economies are interconnected and that the British economy does not have strength in depth.
    So lets bring in it on, trade under WTO rules with no passporting rights for the city, watch the resulting exodus of multinationals and face reality.
    In 20 years we're going to rejoin anyway as the young generation has indicated. Better to face ground zero faster rather than death with a thousand cuts.
    But that's not the British way is it, what we'll have is a compromise fudge.

What I can guarantee is that all of you (except those with global market skills) are going to get poorer, the thicker of you very poor indeed.
    Last edited by CretinWatcher; 5 August 2016, 08:58.

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Lets get Project Bollox (as I will refer to it henceforth) underway immediately and stop poncing around like a dingleberry turd attached to the underside of Europe.
    The reason I say this is it's the only way to bring reality to the fantasists/idiots/thickos/cretins who voted Leave and show them that in the modern world all economies are interconnected and that the British economy does not have strength in depth.
    So lets bring in it on, trade under WTO rules with no passporting rights for the city, watch the resulting exodus of multinationals and face reality.
    In 20 years we're going to rejoin anyway as the young generation has indicated. Better to face ground zero faster rather than death with a thousand cuts.
    But that's not the British way is it, what we'll have is a compromise fudge.

What I can guarantee is that all of you (except those with global market skills) are going to get poorer, the thicker of you very poor indeed.
    It's odd. I think I've read something similar before.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      It's odd. I think I've read something similar before.
      I don't have a monopoly on reality

Comment

Best show your support of wanting Article 50 invoked now by signing this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

And don't forget to tweet it too #PrayForArticle50

Comment

Interestingly I have just been reading all today's Brexit news and it is far more positive than I expected. Even the boss if Nissan has said things look positive and they have no desire to leave the UK as threatened before the vote.

And it seems the £350m / week we pay in is actually £375m. Net £199m after the rebate that we don't control. So if £100m of that goes to the NHS as promised pre vote that would make a massive difference.

Many economists are now saying no recession. Earnings and overseas orders are up. So looking good on that front.

So yes, let's have a Hard Brexit now. The country will be much better off and the likes of the OP will soon be forgotten about.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            Interestingly I have just been reading all today's Brexit news and it is far more positive than I expected. Even the boss if Nissan has said things look positive and they have no desire to leave the UK as threatened before the vote.
            Meanwhile back in reality:
            Nissan boss: Sunderland investment will depend on result of Brexit talks | Tyne Tees - ITV News

And it seems the £350m / week we pay in is actually £375m. Net £199m after the rebate that we don't control. So if £100m of that goes to the NHS as promised pre vote that would make a massive difference.
            Nigel Farage: £350 million pledge to fund the NHS was 'a mistake'

Many economists are now saying no recession. Earnings and overseas orders are up. So looking good on that front.
            Brexit vote will plunge UK into a new recession, warn City economists | This is Money

Comment

So yes, let's have a Hard Brexit now. The country will be much better off and the likes of the OP will soon be forgotten about.
              I can hear SAS frantically typing denunciations of your positive analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Best show your support of wanting Article 50 invoked now by signing this:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/133618

And don't forget to tweet it too #PrayForArticle50
                Only 112,500 signatures? I'm sure it'll get the respect it deserves in parliament.

Comment

He beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    I can hear SAS frantically typing denunciations of your positive fantasy
                    FTFY.

Comment

Working...
                    X