• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why I want Article 50 and a hard Brexit NOW."

Collapse

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How will Brexit make the lives of those working on minimum wage under zero hours contracts, whilst handing over nearly all their take home to a BTL landlord, worse?
    Even if your education stopped at school level, you ought to be able to work out percentages and ratios.
    Which will tell you that zero hours contracts account for about 2.5% of the working population.
    But to answer your question, any work is better than none at all.
    And it won't just be them, it'll be people like you, scrabbling for contracts in a declining market, which will push down rates.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How will Brexit make the lives of those working on minimum wage under zero hours contracts, whilst handing over nearly all their take home to a BTL landlord, worse?
    Exactly. July's unprecedented declines in manufacturing, construction and services output will make the UK more competitive so ordinary people will be much better off.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Brexit will adversely affect most those who voted for it.
    So that's fair.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Addanc View Post
    Bit of shame that the remain camp never actually made a case for staying in, except name calling and threats of imminent catastrophe.
    Brexit will adversely affect most those who voted for it.
    So that's fair.

Leave a comment:

• Addanc
    replied
    Lets get Project Bollox (as I will refer to it henceforth) underway immediately and stop poncing around like a dingleberry turd attached to the underside of Europe.
    The reason I say this is it's the only way to bring reality to the fantasists/idiots/thickos/cretins who voted Leave and show them that in the modern world all economies are interconnected and that the British economy does not have strength in depth.
    So lets bring in it on, trade under WTO rules with no passporting rights for the city, watch the resulting exodus of multinationals and face reality.
    In 20 years we're going to rejoin anyway as the young generation has indicated. Better to face ground zero faster rather than death with a thousand cuts.
    But that's not the British way is it, what we'll have is a compromise fudge.

What I can guarantee is that all of you (except those with global market skills) are going to get poorer, the thicker of you very poor indeed.
    Bit of shame that the remain camp never actually made a case for staying in, except name calling and threats of imminent catastrophe.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    'We are all lying in the gutter, but DA is looking in other peoples pockets'

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    They should all read CUK, we get such a balanced and mature discussion about it all on here
    You smell of wee.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    According to the current Private Eye, whether you get positive Brexit headlines or negative depends where you live. In England, readers get headlines about how great everything; in Ireland and Scotland they're told how everything is getting worse.
    They should all read CUK, we get such a balanced and mature discussion about it all on here

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    According to the current Private Eye, whether you get positive Brexit headlines or negative depends where you live. In England, readers get headlines about how great everything; in Ireland and Scotland they're told how everything is getting worse.

Leave a comment:

• ClothCap
    replied
    Finally

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I write them. I don't read them
    'We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking in the bins'

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Its all bollocks really:

Brexit causes dramatic drop in UK economy, data suggests - BBC News

BREXIT BOOST: Britain 'WILL NOT fall into recession after ditching EU' | UK | News | Daily Express

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Dodgy, if you're a fan of a self-improvement book, that's a pretty damning indictment of its efficacy.
    I write them. I don't read them

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Why, are you running low?
    I'll send you my last one in case you're too pished to stand up and look in the mirror:

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Reading between the cliches, I suspect you don't want Article 50.
    I am happy for us to invoke Article 50 at a time that suits US best. Not too bothered when that is. That is the whole point of being in control of your own destiny.
    Although I can see why that notion is rather alien to a "follower" like you sas. Never mind, just keep tagging along behind and let the go-getters determine the future. You know it makes sense. You can keep OG company as he too is struggling. Like the "special" passengers at the back of the bus licking the windows.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X