• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May ducks the punch and counters with a devastating left hook...

"Corporation Tax to be HALVED to persuade banks to stay in UK"
    "from 20 per cent to 10 per cent"

Theresa May to cut corporation tax by half to persuade banks to stay in UK | UK | News | Daily Express

Comment

Oi, Brexit thickos, from that very same conference:

“Article50 will not be triggered by the end of March” – Rt Hon Dominic Grieve QC MP
      So when is it to be?

Brexit means stupid - so who voted for this? - Fleet Street Fox - Mirror Online
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Oi, Brexit thickos, from that very same conference:

So when is it to be?

Brexit means stupid - so who voted for this? - Fleet Street Fox - Mirror Online
        I would never have had you down as a Mirror reader.

Try this. Seems it's Germany's fault, not Belgium's.

BTW, where is Wallonia?

Comment

Oh dear...

Businesses not impressed by plan to cut corporation tax
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            They're not unimpressed. It's just that a CT cut is only one lever and it has been yanked quite a bit already. It's good for FDI, but there are other priorities for many resident businesses.

Anyway, this needs to be read as pure spin, i.e. it isn't going to happen. The gov't is just reminding the EU that they're willing to engage in tax competition if absolutely neccesary. It's not the gov't strategy though. No one wants a trade war, which is what this might prompt, but we have weapons too.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              But he didn't say that did he, therefore it's irrelevant what you say. BTW, as I'm actually on the ground in Frankfurt, I can tell that things are already happening here...
              putting bacon & eggs on in the canteen or asking you to remove the towels from the hot desks isn't the event you think it is!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                They're not unimpressed. It's just that a CT cut is only one lever and it has been yanked quite a bit already. It's good for FDI, but there are other priorities for many resident businesses.

Anyway, this needs to be read as pure spin, i.e. it isn't going to happen. The gov't is just reminding the EU that they're willing to engage in tax competition if absolutely neccesary. It's not the gov't strategy though. No one wants a trade war, which is what this might prompt, but we have weapons too.

"There are no issues with Brexit, everything is going to be fine."
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Why did you post a picture of a remoaner?
                  Last edited by ClothCap; 24 October 2016, 07:34.
                  I get up...

Comment

Interesting development as UK regional governments begin to flex their muscles.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ny-brexit-deal
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Hear hear!

We don't want to fight but by Jingo if we do,
                      We've got the ships, we've got the men, we've got the money too,
                      We've fought the Bear before, and while we're Britons true,
                      The Russians shall not have Constantinople.
                      Of course, it would be much better to preserve the tax base to make sure we retain the fiscal space to fund the extra £350 million per week for the NHS.

Comment

Working...
                      X