• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But just as fun to watch.
    I'm looking forward to see the results and see who will be the next country to f** off.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      Er, why do you think that might be (hint: imports are required before exports)? Again, before posting these generic articles, you should educate yourself.

At this stage, the metrics to look for are the forward looking ones, such as the order component of the manufacturing PMI. Not surprisingly, they tell a completely different story (a positive one).

It remains to be seen whether (and the extent to which) any rebalancing occurs, because there are many competing factors, but your misunderstanding is clear.
      In what way is this article not interesting, Bloomberg got a trained journalist to write this article, so obviously they consider it sufficiently interesting to pay him money for it.

If you generally disagree with the article I suggest you take this up with Bloomberg.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
        I'm looking forward to see the results and see who will be the next country to f** off.
        I'm not looking forward to the results at all, but may as well enjoy the process.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Tell you what, ask your mates at the Independent as they seem to think it exists too.

Link

Not being able to find it in 2 mins on my mobile. Clearly user error.

Of course you guys could just look yourselves.
          and the typical comment by a Brexter is

Kick all the illegal immigrant out from UK. Our own people can't find work, and here are these immigrants taking our jobs. Kick them out.
          Moreover, the UK has been very devious in choosing what EU regulations to follow. For example, have a compulsory two year guarantee for electrical goods, the UK opted out.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The Brexit is for when? This is worse than a slow death.
            Please dear imaginary friend make it tomorrow, I'm totally fed up with the Wrexiters defending a collapsing economy as the next best thing since sliced bread.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I'm beginning to regret starting this thread. Can I delete it?

Lets give it a go...
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                and the typical comment by a Brexter is

Moreover, the UK has been very devious in choosing what EU regulations to follow. For example, have a compulsory two year guarantee for electrical goods, the UK opted out.
                Do a search on what the Germans and French opted out of. You guys are really blinkered.

And what has that supposed standard comment got to do with my post on banana regs? It's a link to the Indy that talks about the document I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I'm beginning to regret starting this thread. Can I delete it?

Lets give it a go...
                  No. Some other muppet would start one to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    I'm not looking forward to the results at all, but may as well enjoy the process.
                    The process is also interesting and a lesson learn for the ones who wants to leave.

Comment

The Brexit is for when? This is worse than a slow death.

UK leaves the EU
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X