• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Tell you what, ask your mates at the Independent as they seem to think it exists too.

Link

Not being able to find it in 2 mins on my mobile. Clearly user error.

Of course you guys could just look yourselves.
    Have a look over the weekend and post the link then. I can have a read on the train Monday morning and report back.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Have a look over the weekend and post the link then. I can have a read on the train Monday morning and report back.
      I may just ask the Indy....

Is there a particular curvature you were interested in?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        I may just ask the Indy....

Is there a particular curvature you were interested in?
        That's a rather personal question.

Comment

interesting:

Plunge in Sterling fails to provide widespread boost to exports

Sterling’s plunge since the Brexit referendum failed to provide a widespread boost to exports, which rose just 0.2 percent in August. Imports, by contrast, jumped 7.5 percent, led by foreign shipments of electrical machinery, cars and aircraft. As a result, the trade deficit widened to to 12.1 billion pounds ($15 billion).

In the latest three months, the shortfall in goods and services widened to 12.6 billion pounds from 9 billion pounds, suggesting trade may again act as a drag on growth in the third quarter. The deficit in August alone grew to 4.7 billion pounds.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            It was going fine until you started talking the economy down.

Comment

Not really though

Comment

Er, why do you think that might be (hint: imports are required before exports)? Again, before posting these generic articles, you should educate yourself.

At this stage, the metrics to look for are the forward looking ones, such as the order component of the manufacturing PMI. Not surprisingly, they tell a completely different story (a positive one).

It remains to be seen whether (and the extent to which) any rebalancing occurs, because there are many competing factors, but your misunderstanding is clear.

Comment

The Brexit is for when? This is worse than a slow death.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
                    The Brexit is for when? This is worse than a slow death.
                    But just as fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                      That reaction is called Sulking
                      Mate, apart from making a killing with my short GBP position in June, I've been enjoying an almost 20% pay rise for the last few month thanks to Brexit. Trust me I am doing anything but sulking, I am actually LOVIN this soap opera and pray it continues for quite a while a yet.
                      As Lord Baelish in Game of Thrones says "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder".

Comment

Working...
                      X