• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think you misunderstand. I voted leave, I'd do the same again tomorrow.

Just stating, what should be obvious, that if the economy faces uncertainty, which surely nobody can deny, then our ratings will be affected.

My point, perhaps badly put, was why are the Remainiacs surprised by this?

Comment

Whereas the remoaners painted an entirely objective picture of what things would be like if we stayed in the EU?

The Marmite war is over –Â*now let's fight to cash in on the falling pound
      Totally irrelevant. Leave won, so now they own the outcome. It's THEIR words that will be used to judge the future situation. If the everything goes swimmingly well, great, they will be hailed down the ages as heroes, if it does not, then the opposite will be true.

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
        Totally irrelevant. Leave won, so now they own the outcome. It's THEIR words that will be used to judge the future situation. If the everything goes swimmingly well, great, they will be hailed down the ages as heroes, if it does not, then the opposite will be true.
        Indeed history is written by the winners. so long losers
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

Just stating, what should be obvious, that if the economy faces uncertainty, which surely nobody can deny, then our ratings will be affected.

I'm surprised because of the surging competitiveness of the UK economy, unshackled from the constraints of a stable strong currency.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post

Yes, Sapin. Genuinely believes if he keeps saying it, it will happen.

Banks may open a small office in Luxembourg but the big players have indicated that if they move they will go to NY.
            So just a few hundred jobs ? or perhaps:

City warning of threat to 70,000 jobs without Brexit trade arrangement
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              That reaction is called Sulking
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                "Warning"
                "Threat"
                "Could"
                "Might"
                "maybe"
                "possibly"
                "probably"

otherwise known as scaremongering
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

Comment

That reaction is called Sulking
                    You think that's Sulking. Anti-Europe campaigners sulked and bitched for > 40 years, so there's plenty more to come!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      You think that's Sulking. Anti-Europe campaigners sulked and bitched for > 40 years, so there's plenty more to come!
                      So everyone else does it makes it OK? There is a difference between sulking and challenging and objecting. I may be an agent but at least I understand this.

I have met many a contractor that has not got his own way on say a rate rise and sulked about it. I have also met (even more I admit) contractors that have not got what they wanted but simply forgotten about it and got on with the job.

There a good number of sulking remainers on here refusing to move on. You lost. live with it, that is what most people do.

Comment

Working...
                      X