• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    But we're hooked on Chinese tat and nuclear reactors.
    You forgot to add cars into the mix too
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Why it's too early to talk about the Brexit impact - this corresponds to my view, Brexit will be a chronic long term drag on growth, rather than a sharp shock, as multinationals slowly move to the continent to take advantage of the much larger market there. At the moment they're playing the waiting game :

U.K.’s Last Slump Shows How Brexit Impact May Be a Slow Burn - Bloomberg
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Why it's too early to talk about the Brexit impact - this corresponds to my view, Brexit will be a chronic long term drag on growth, rather than a sharp shock, as multinationals slowly move to the continent to take advantage of the much larger market there. At the moment they're playing the waiting game :

Funny article. A few thousand words making a very long winded excuse when they could just have said 'we were wrong'

Sir James Dyson exclusive: ‘I would trigger Brexit now – and negotiate trade deals over time’
        ‘I would trigger Brexit now – and negotiate trade deals over time’

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          Ah yes, Dyson. The overpriced tat manufacturer who moved all his factories overseas.
          No wonder he wants tariffs on all his superior European competitors.
          Give him credit, he makes complete sh!te, even worse than the Chinese, and charges top dollar for it.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is that today's view as opposed to your previous views when it was immediate armageddon?

Everyone has a right to change their view. Good to see your starting to come round. Only a few more months to go to acceptance.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
              Is that today's view as opposed to your previous views when it was immediate armageddon?

Everyone has a right to change their view. Good to see your starting to come round. Only a few more months to go to acceptance.
              Which part of the concept of "lagging indicators" are you struggling to get to grips with?
              The short term is irrelevant anyway - if I thought some serious short term pain was the price for entry into the sunlit uplands in the long term, I would have taken it.
              Sadly the sunlit uplands are a mirage that the gullible were taken in by.
              Last edited by sasguru; 14 September 2016, 10:36.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                ...Only a few more months to go to acceptance.
                I thought he was already at acceptance. "Brexit has happened and long term it'll be bad for the UK."
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Estate Agents cashing in now

Be a post Brexit winner

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Be a post Brexit winner
                    Brexiters who say ‘you lost, get over it’ still waiting to discover what they’ve won

Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Which part of the concept of "lagging indicators" are you struggling to get to grips with?
                      The short term is irrelevant anyway - if I thought some serious short term pain was the price for entry into the sunlit uplands in the long term, I would have taken it.
                      Sadly the sunlit uplands are a mirage that the gullible were taken in by.
                      I was confused by the July PMI which was heralded by the Remnants as a forward indicator of imminent recession but which changed to a lagging indicator when August's figure came out.

I can see you already blaming the minor recession coming in 2032 on Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X