• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I love the infantile hopefulness of the people on the left side of the Gaussian curve.
    Well they do say you have a magnetic personality!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      This chap has the right idea...Councillor details - Councillor Terence Nathan

so another nutter threatening people not sure how this is different from the ones who claim to believe we all should bow to some God?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Oh dear™: Theresa May ready to block Boris Johnson's point-based migration system

G20 Summit: Theresa May ready to block Boris Johnson's point-based migration system after Brexit

"Theresa May has said that she is prepared to block Boris Johnson’s plans for a points-based migration system after Britain leaves the European Union.

Mr Johnson and four other Eurosceptic Cabinet ministers put plans for an Australian-style immigration system at the heart of the Leave campaign. However the Prime Minister yesterday criticised them for assuming that a points-based system is a "silver bullet", adding that there is no evidence it will actually work.

Critics have suggested that the system, which is used in Australia, could actually lead to increased levels of migration. Mrs May is instead considering a work permit system, which would enable Britain to introduce quotas on the numbers of migrants for different parts of the economy.

The Prime Minister, who has been conducting talks with other world leaders at the G20 Summit in China over the weekend, also declined to commit to a series of other flagship Leave campaign commitments, including using EU contributions to give the NHS an extra £100million a week and cutting VAT on energy bills"

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...s-point-based/

I want my £350 mln per week extra for the NHS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          G20 Summit: Theresa May ready to block Boris Johnson's point-based migration system after Brexit

"Theresa May has said that she is prepared to block Boris Johnson’s plans for a points-based migration system after Britain leaves the European Union.

Mr Johnson and four other Eurosceptic Cabinet ministers put plans for an Australian-style immigration system at the heart of the Leave campaign. However the Prime Minister yesterday criticised them for assuming that a points-based system is a "silver bullet", adding that there is no evidence it will actually work.

Critics have suggested that the system, which is used in Australia, could actually lead to increased levels of migration. Mrs May is instead considering a work permit system, which would enable Britain to introduce quotas on the numbers of migrants for different parts of the economy.

The Prime Minister, who has been conducting talks with other world leaders at the G20 Summit in China over the weekend, also declined to commit to a series of other flagship Leave campaign commitments, including using EU contributions to give the NHS an extra £100million a week and cutting VAT on energy bills"

Source: G20 Summit: Theresa May ready to block Boris Johnson's point-based migration system after Brexit

Oh look, £100m as discussed.

I want my emergency budget. Now!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            This chap has the right idea...Councillor details - Councillor Terence Nathan

Clearly a well balanced individual

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Source: G20 Summit: Theresa May ready to block Boris Johnson's point-based migration system after Brexit

UK already has points-based immigration.....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I can't tell you how pissed off I'm getting with the casual sexism on this forum. Must be my time of the month...
                It's not your time of month.

The poster ALWAYS does this.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                  Aren't bake beans foreign?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It's not your time of month.

The poster ALWAYS does this.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I can't tell you how pissed off I'm getting with the casual sexism on this forum. Must be my time of the month...
                      Have a nice cup of tea, you will feel miles better. Oh, and no sugar in mine darling.

Comment

Working...
                      X