• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Bored now, even I can't be bothered to post/talk about it anymore.

Wake me up in five years when something interesting may have happened (I doubt it though).

+1, let's suggest we will all be shafted, ether way, in any case, its a lot easier
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Any date for Article 50 trigger?

Is the list of UK demands from the EU ready yet?

Any list of which EU laws are to be revoked and which ones are to be kept?

Any decision on what will be done about all the EU trade arrangements with other nations when we leave(about 53 such agreements)?

Despite the fact that the answers to the above questions are a big fat no, some people (who clam to be perfectly sane) still think we can be totally out of the EU by 2019. BTW the EU already have their team in place and are just buys drinking coffee, eating pastries and waiting for the 'Stronger hand' UK to show up This is going to be fun

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
        Any date for Article 50 trigger?

Is the list of UK demands from the EU ready yet?

Any list of which EU laws are to be revoked and which ones are to be kept?

Any decision on what will be done about all the EU trade arrangements with other nations when we leave(about 53 such agreements)?

Despite the fact that the answers to the above questions are a big fat no, some people (who clam to be perfectly sane) still think we can be totally out of the EU by 2019. BTW the EU already have their team in place and are just buys drinking coffee, eating pastries and waiting for the 'Stronger hand' UK to show up This is going to be fun
        You mean their former colleagues who decided they would get more money working for the UK side.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by dundeedude View Post
          Probably about 20. With my Scottish accent people were keen to know what I thought of Bolton itself. I've never been somewhere where the locals are so negative about a place that any negativity I spout is undercut by their own. Their target during conversation was foreigners. Where I currently live even if somebody thought foreigners were to blame (read: they're not) then they wouldn't divulge this to a stranger. If you've ever been to Bolton you'll realise the main high streets are mostly just white faces in ye olde English pubs and conservative clubs. The attitude surprised me, until I wandered around the town and realised what a dung heap it was. They're living in the past.

I'm a talker and quite happy to engage with people. I didn't imagine the above. Try engaging with people with your voice, rather than typing all day. You may find your experience of life changes, which may lead you to being more informed.
          Total bollocks. And sounds like you have something of an axe to grind. What a surprise one of those turning up on this forum.

If people want to look at the actual research on the subject and not hear about imaginary bus journeys.

From a survey of 12,000 people. By far the largest survey on the referendum

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-cont...m-rankings.jpg

Why Leave Voters voted Leave.

Comment

Your polls are from a tax exile who isn't known for unbiased results.

12,000 people polled but no breakdown on %, only little pictures - is that because those who voted thinking £350 million promised is the same as £100 million (current promise) are not capable of thinking beyond their DM viewpoint?

The principle reason for Brexit in his results has shifted from:
            "Decisions about the UK being taken by unelected bureaucrats" (very bad) to
            "Decisions about the UK being taken by unelected bureaucrats in the UK" (best thing ever).
            And yet many brexiteers are too stupid or blind to accept that. They don't like the truth, so they belittle others for being less dumb than them. (As will be seen by the replies to this post)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
              Total bollocks. And sounds like you have something of an axe to grind. What a surprise one of those turning up on this forum.

If people want to look at the actual research on the subject and not hear about imaginary bus journeys.

From a survey of 12,000 people. By far the largest survey on the referendum

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/wp-cont...m-rankings.jpg

Why Leave Voters voted Leave.

and contradictions further down the page,

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

So could you in any way quantify how the Internet could be seen as a force for good or I'll?

Interesting that it was the most response.

Comment

We should all just say the remainers were right but hey the train has left the station now.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Bored now, even I can't be bothered to post/talk about it anymore.

Wake me up in five years when something interesting may have happened (I doubt it though).
                    Aye. Toys leave the pram at Br... Very tedious, following all the economic non-commentary, when there's no counterfactual, and all the non-indicators are positive, or less negative than expected. Let's resume ladybags in 5 years when the Bremainers are past stage 2

Comment

'Brexit will actually help the economy' claims former Bank of England governor Lord King | Daily Mail Online

In an excoriating attack on George Osborne's 'Project Fear', Lord King dismissed the gloomy claims made by the Remain side in the EU referendum campaign.

He said that many - such as that leaving the EU would cost households as much as £4,300 a year - were simply 'speculative' and 'insulting to the intelligence of the voter'.

'insulting to the intelligence of the voter'. Oh I don't know. As we know all too well on here plenty of cretins fell for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X