• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Anyway we're 4 pages into this thread and no Brexiter has any credible plan for the future.
    Therefore, my initial conclusion remains the same, the sh!t will eventually hit the fan.
    Now you can go and have a little cry, and then comeback tomorrow with some more ill thought out hysterical babble.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      But that's the whole beauty of living in an open, entrepreneurial, business focused, liberal democracy, with light regulation, strong laws and low taxes.

YOU don't need to worry about it.

Today somebody, I don't know whether it was a boy or girl, whether they were old or young, whether they came from a privileged background or from the streets*, started a company.

It's only a tiny embryo today. But they have seen a golden opportunity and the chance to build something they love. Being an entrepreneurial go-getter they've seized the opportunity with both hands.

It might be manufacturing outfit, it could be a new service based organisation. Whatever it is, they have the passion, intelligence and commitment to make a success of it.

Today it employs one person, by the end of the decade it will employ 500. In 20 years it will employ 50,000 and be entering the FTSE100. Creating employment and opportunity for many.

Wish them luck!

* Statistically : It's a privately educated, white, male.
      Yeah but what will the 50% with an IQ under 100 do?

*Anyway, low taxes???!! La la land like all the other cretins.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        wibble.
        I rest my case.

Comment

Anyway we're 4 pages into this thread and no Brexiter has any credible plan for the future.
          Therefore, my initial conclusion remains the same, the sh!t will eventually hit the fan.
          You know, when you walk down the street and there's an old, odd looking bloke, strutting up and down, wearing a sandwich board bearing the words:

The End Of The World Is Nigh!

That's you, that is.

Comment

Yeah but what will the 50% with an IQ under 100 do?

*Anyway, low taxes???!! La la land like all the other cretins.
            Lowest corporation tax in the G7.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              How can I get to that place?
              Here's a list for you. Take your pick.

Comment

Please try not to be dense.
                Honda, Toyota and Nissan are here because they got government money to set up here.
                Theyll be gone if they have to pay tariffs to access the EU.
                We're the country with the growing twin deficits, one of which is the largest in the Western world, debt-GDP ratio of 90% and growing. Our fiscal and monetary positon is poor.
                Why do you think that is, if as you say "we are the innovators the entrepreneurs the country that makes things happen the ideas people,"?
                Could it be all BS, do you think?
                You really are a sad little remainer, instead of coming up with facts you just revert to name calling which was why the entire remain side lost the argument, peddling doom and gloom and slating Boris and Farage

if we pay them tariffs we charge them tariffs it works both ways

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  Lowest corporation tax in the G7.
                  Yeah, that's fooking wondering, but the dividend taxation is 38.1% at the top compared with 25% flat rate in Germany.

It sure great multinationals will pay less tax in UK, who do you think will be picking up the tab?

Comment

So we might get less immigrants leaving the EU, but then we'll get less housing as well

UK's Barratt could slow pace of housebuilding after Brexit vote | Reuters

I think eventually the penny will drop about the EU, but it might take some time.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      So we might get less immigrants leaving the EU, but then we'll get less housing as well

UK's Barratt could slow pace of housebuilding after Brexit vote | Reuters

I think eventually the penny will drop about the EU, but it might take some time.

Housebuilders are like drug barons, they restrict the supply to push the prices up. Simple as.
                      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                      X