• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Back with your latest words of wisdom.

Have you got any update on Belgium holding up ceta yet? I thought you knew more than the rest of us.
    Yep, Belgium itself isn't holding up CETA, it's actually a province of Belgium that is. Also Germany's constitutional court can still knock it back.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The BDA didn't say it wouldn't work just that in their opinion was it was intrusive.
    More likely no dentist wants to be struck of by their governing body for giving someone a dose of x-ray radiation they don't need.

The dental nurse is also exaggerating - I had all my wisdom teeth in my early twenties as that's when I had to undergo an operation to remove a couple.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Immediate repeal of the EC 1972 Act is the baseline for "hard" brexit?

Goodness, the Bremainers have really tempered their expectations The shifting sands of the middle ground, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Yep. Hard Brexit.

The Indy is becoming increasingly desperate. Now resorting to rehashing yesterday's story with a different headline. Earlier it's headline suggested that MPs could stop brexit with a vote which was their report yesterday. Only half way down the article did they point out it was a choice of whatever was on the table or a hard Brexit.
    Are you sure ?

Theresa May’s “hard Brexit” will be softer than it looks

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Who knows? This was just a motion by the opposition but it does show the general feeling to foreigners in the UK though...
    Back with your latest words of wisdom.

Have you got any update on Belgium holding up ceta yet? I thought you knew more than the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Brexit negotiations to go on longer than 2 years

Britain could miss 2019 deadline of leaving the EU, Theresa May hints | The Independent

You can see where this is going.
    Yep. Hard Brexit.

The Indy is becoming increasingly desperate. Now resorting to rehashing yesterday's story with a different headline. Earlier it's headline suggested that MPs could stop brexit with a vote which was their report yesterday. Only half way down the article did they point out it was a choice of whatever was on the table or a hard Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    What on earth does that have to do with what someone said in a Dover pub?
    I've told you before about propositioning people after a shandy down in Dover. You will wake up with Dave the Stevedore like last Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The BDA didn't say it wouldn't work just that in their opinion was it was intrusive.
    What on earth does that have to do with what someone said in a Dover pub?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Oh really? Well for a country that, according to you (who doesn't even LIVE here anymore!), has a serious dislike of foreigners, a great many of them seem to be hell bent on trying to get in. Care to explain why that is jellyhead?

really they are trying to get away from France & Germany.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This was just a motion by the opposition but it does show the general feeling to foreigners in the UK though...
    Oh really? Well for a country that, according to you (who doesn't even LIVE here anymore!), has a serious dislike of foreigners, a great many of them seem to be hell bent on trying to get in. Care to explain why that is jellyhead?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X