• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    yup indeed....

Equivalence - Cold Comfort

What makes you think Equivalence will be granted without a lot of grovelling ?

Grovelling? Never!! Boris will lead a mass protest right to the doors of the EU Commission that should scare them into submission

Comment

yup indeed....

We could trade headlines all day.

https://www.ft.com/content/e7b6a752-...6-a4a71e8140b0

What makes you think that the EU could limit the fallout from not granting equivalence? Sure, they'll look for some petty headline-grabbing measures, but they know the consequences of protectionism (and if they don't, they'll have a very rude awakening). Part of the reason I voted to leave was precisely because I'm not certain they are sane. They may adopt protectionism. However, they won't be able to limit the fallout. As a minimum, it will accelerate the demise of the Eurozone.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Pragmatism. All trade is ultimately a compromise that is of mutual benefit to both sides. So despite a lot of sabre-rattling in order to try and gain some notional leverage, in the final analysis as both sides have cards to play, an agreement WILL be reached that both sides are happy with.
        Tis how the world works.

HTH

Actually I do agree with that, which is why in the end of course everything will be fine, though some of us presume it will be a Hard Brexit and others a Soft Brexit. In the end economics rather than the politicians will determine the relationship.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          We could trade headlines all day.

I'm not certain they are sane. .
          That's the weakness in your thinking.and that is why your prognosis of where this is all going is wrong.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

That's the weakness in your thinking.and that is why your prognosis of where this is all going is wrong.
            Deep.

Comment

yup indeed....

Is that really how you look at the UK as some sort of subservient state answerable to the EU?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Too funny

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So Unilever 's attempted price increase isn't because costs have gone up but because they report their results in Euros.

Oh dear. Going to take a hit.

Comment

Boris Johnson is a moron: Boris Johnson says UK should support 'EU Army' in wake of Brexit
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The whole idea of the EU army is simply to save money and be more effective. When the Germans are sent to Afghanistan to help the US it means when their troops come under fire they can radio a Dutch or French helicopter to help them rather than being ignored by the US.

I don't quite know what all the fuss is about, surely it makes sense.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X