• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The whole idea of the EU army is simply to save money and be more effective. When the Germans are sent to Afghanistan to help the US it means when their troops come under fire they can radio a Dutch or French helicopter to help them to escape rather than being ignored by the US.

I don't quite know what all the fuss is about, surely it makes sense.
    An EU army would probably resemble a UN force

https://www.theguardian.com/world/19...fromthearchive
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Tusk is one of the more sensible of the five presidents:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...b01ffb8ffcb5b3

The only real alternative to a "hard Brexit" is "no Brexit". Even if today hardly anyone believes in such a possibility.
      He's absolutely right in his analysis, but wrong if he thinks it will change whether we're leaving.

Comment

Not having served but been near lets say and lots of mates in the British Army back then I'd say they are on a different plane to any other, I have a lot of respect for them. Could not imagine them serving with like French and Italians etc.....

Having said that 1 Para. were butchers in Derry in 1972, totally went out of control. Bloody Sunday being my current reading topic. Disgusting.
        Last edited by stek; 13 October 2016, 17:05.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          But there is no alternative to Marmite. Nothing else meets the mark. Don't give tulip about the other two but if I can't get any Marmite there's going to be trouble.
          Don't panic. My local Swiss supermarket sells it. It's not cheap mind....
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Don't panic. My local Swiss supermarket sells it. It's not cheap mind....
            I'm hearing Shredded Lettuce is affected as well. May well just be the tip of the Iceberg....

Comment

The whole idea of the EU army is simply to save money and be more effective. When the Germans are sent to Afghanistan to help the US it means when their troops come under fire they can radio a Dutch or French helicopter to help them surrender than being ignored by the US.

ftfy
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Unilever supermarket standoff has hit Ireland so may not be Brexit related.

Comment

The whole idea of the EU army is simply to save money and be more effective. When the Germans are sent to Afghanistan to help the US it means when their troops come under fire they can radio a Dutch or French helicopter to help them rather than being ignored by the US.

Agreed. Indeed, at the minute if we need the use of an aircraft carrier the PM is on the phone to France.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The whole idea of the EU army is simply to save money and be more effective. When the Germans are sent to Afghanistan to help the US it means when their troops come under fire they can radio a Dutch or French helicopter to help them rather than being ignored by the US.

And when the Greeks have the audacity to say no to Brussels the EU can send their own troops in. Sorted.

Comment

The whole idea of the EU army is for the EU Commission to strut about pretending they are a superpower.

Obviously when it comes to fighting a real war, with Russia say, the EU Army would run away.

Should be good for shooting down rebellious Greeks though.

Comment

Working...
                      X