• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I had an agent call me up from London this morning as to quote in GBP and not Euro. So I did, he was not impressed with my £110 p/h rate for a 12 month gig. So I says can you say for sure the exchange rate will be the same by end of 2017? No. So yeah £110p/h or of off you go.

"I'll have to talk with the senior consultant, the client needs... blah "

Honestly, they've no idea.
    £110 per hour? INKSPE.

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    So we have two. It's possible to find four leaf clovers too.
    This thread is hardly representative. There's the Brexiters involved in mutual and a few remainers occasionally rattling their cages.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I live in the EU - in England.
    So we have two. It's possible to find four leaf clovers too.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So yeah £110p/h or of off you go.

!!!Walter Mitty Alert!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    nah they are all busy tulipping themselves knowing when we leave they will have to fund the whole sorry mess they call the EU, whereas we only have Scotland and with a little bit of luck they will go independent.
    I had an agent call me up from London this morning as to quote in GBP and not Euro. So I did, he was not impressed with my £110 p/h rate for a 12 month gig. So I says can you say for sure the exchange rate will be the same by end of 2017? No. So yeah £110p/h or of off you go.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've not lived in the EU for years.
    I live in the EU - in England.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    nah they are all busy tulipping themselves knowing when we leave they will have to fund the whole sorry mess they call the EU, whereas we only have Scotland and with a little bit of luck they will go independent.
    I've not lived in the EU for years.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Anyone on this board who is in the UK and moaning about Brexit?

Hello?

Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Anyone on this board who is in the UK and moaning about Brexit?

Hello?

Anyone?

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Tariffed trading would cost the EU £8bn per year more in tariffs than the UK according to the EU supporting Times.

Looks like a deal would be in everyone's interest after all.
    Last edited by GB9; 24 October 2016, 14:15. Reason: Correcting some of my worst ever typing.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    And in other news, the readjustment is sterling has made the UK even more competitive:

Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining: It's the Brexit • The Channel

Alert Icon
    By | Paul Kunert 24th October 2016 08:04
    Microsoft: We're hiking UK cloud prices 22%. Stop whining: It's the Brexit
    On-prem set for 13% hike
    Life is to get a lot more expensive for Microsoft customers from the start of next year with currency linked, double-digit price hikes looming for cloud and on-premise software.

Software resellers, integrators and cloud service providers were warned about the price rises late on Friday afternoon and told us they expected a stampede of orders as businesses bring forward orders to avoid the rises.

“Microsoft is announcing British pound changes to harmonise its prices for enterprise software and cloud services within the EU/ European Free Trade Agreement region,” Microsoft stated in its comms to channel types.

“Starting January 1, 2017 British pounds prices for on-premises enterprise software will increase by 13 per cent and most cloud prices in British pounds will increase by 22 per cent to realign close to euro levels.”

Redmond reassured punters that they're still well off: "Even after this adjustment, customers across the region buying in British pound will still find our cloud offerings highly competitive."

More Reading

Marmite's not the only national treasure hit by Brexit. Will someone think of the PCs?
    Lenovo: Our gear will be 10% more pricey from 1 August
    Hewlett Packard Enterprise: Brexit, weak pound. A price hike is coming
    Dell confirms price rise post Brexit vote as UK pound stumbles
    Microsoft hikes volume prices by more than a third
    This is great news because it makes UK suppliers more competitive!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X