• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am not using "british hater" to shut down debate at all. I am using it to get him to contextualise his points (if you can call them that) - by comparisons with other countries, history or whatever. If I am wrong I challenge you to go through his posts and find one thing that praises britain or the UK
    If you loved Britain, you would learn to respect the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Oooh, I don't know, maybe even recently but as you're not too keen on reality...http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2299770
      That was caked in a sneer about the amount of money put into the Olympics
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        Out of curiosity where do you get the 10% figure from? According to the BBC:

"So Turkey has tariff-free trade in goods with the EU but that's all. It does not have free movement of people, so border checks remain in place."

Reality Check: Would the UK face tariffs outside the EU? - BBC

The WTO figures aren't straight forward. Try page 77 here for a start:

World Tariff Profiles 2015 - WTO
        Do you understand English?
        If so please read your own link - I think the following should be clear enough:

"No non-EU countries have negotiated tariff-free unrestricted trade with the EU without contributing to the EU budget and allowing unlimited EU migration. "

"Being in the customs union gives Turkey no access to trade in services, which make up almost 80% of the UK economy."

A little research on google will enable you to find the 10% figure, I'm sure.
        It's probably a better skill to have in the modern world than fixing a washing machine.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          If you loved Britain, you would learn to respect the English language.
          I suggest you concentrate on searching through dumbtwat;'s posts instead of trying to change the argument
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That was caked in a sneer about the amount of money put into the Olympics
            So... if I believe that the money put into winning Olympic medals would have been better spent (for example) on keeping swimming pools open for the British public, and you suggest the other way round, which of us is the Britain Hater?

Comment

Oh that's alright then

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Oh and we're not exactly back of the queue for American data centres either:
              Microsoft's UK data centres power up cloud services - BBC News
              Microsoft has 100 data centres around the world, what's your point?
              I'd be more reassured if there was at least one global UK software company.

FFS how dumb can you be?
              Last edited by sasguru; 7 September 2016, 15:22.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I suggest you concentrate on searching through dumbtwat;'s posts instead of trying to change the argument
                I suggest you crawl back into your local BNP branch where your illiteracy will go unnoticed, and stop trying to shout down moderate discourse.

Comment

...it simply shows you up as a far-right lunatic, "virtue signalling" to your fellow travellers.
                  To be fair, I explained to him the concept of "virtue signalling" and now he can't stop doing it
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

So... if I believe that the money put into winning Olympic medals would have been better spent (for example) on keeping swimming pools open for the British public, and you suggest the other way round, which of us is the Britain Hater?
                    You are switching the argument. I repeat dumbtwat's narrative is entirely anti British and you show me one post to disprove. I will concede that some of his points may have some validity but he is clearly driven by an anti British agenda.

Comment

I suggest you crawl back into your local BNP branch where your illiteracy will go unnoticed, and stop trying to shout down moderate discourse.
                      I am not sure you really understand how arguments are constructed.

Comment

Working...
                      X