• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terror attack in Nice, 30 dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awful.

Apparently of Tunisian decent known to the police for violence and use of weapons but no suspected terrorist links.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Awful.

Apparently of Tunisian decent known to the police for violence and use of weapons but no suspected terrorist links.
      Some awkward questions for the police to answer, methinks...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"The problem is on your own soil. You need to get tough there, in FRANCE. Find and arrest the attackers entire family, wherever they are. If he prayed in a mosque, temporarily close it and question everyone. Send a message that there are consequences and responsibility. It is NOT racist to use extreme measures to weed out extreme activity. I'm sure the tolerant Muslim communities would support such action and welcome the help in killing the cancer that is infecting their religion."

It's difficult not to agree with the above sentiment.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, he must have missed his meds.

Comment

Assuming he was an Islamist, and I don't think it is relevant whether he was part of ISIS or a lone wolf, I wonder how much more of this the French will put up with.

France 'on the brink of civil war' warns intelligence chief Patrick Calvar | Metro News
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Yes, he must have missed his meds.
              You say that being sarky.
              But it seems that most of these French/Belgian born terrorists seem to have sub-normal IQs/mental issues and a background in drugs and petty crime rather than being pious and devout Muslims.
              Similar to may British-born idiots who've gone to Syria.
              Bit thick + criminal tendencies+ have a grudge against society = easily manipulated

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Assuming he was an Islamist, and I don't think it is relevant whether he was part of ISIS or a lone wolf, I wonder how much more of this the French will put up with.

France 'on the brink of civil war' warns intelligence chief Patrick Calvar | Metro News
                I suspect a minority are secretly thinking segregation, I think that will grow and become more vocal with each attack as they will not stop

Comment

Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
                  Bit thick + criminal tendencies+ have a grudge against society = easily manipulated
                  Yup, they are manipulated into thinking that if they only had their own state then everything would be perfect. The leaders convince them of good times ahead but the only way to achieve them is by destroying civilisation and society. The leaders are not religious, but are using religion as an excuse to divide people - you are either with us or you are against us, it's impossible for you to be anything else. If you're not 100% with us, then you are wrong.

The solution to violence is not more violence. The solution is education. If you don't educate the young people then they will believe what they are told to believe.
                  Their leadership relies on violence creating more violence because it justifies their actions.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

ISIS will claim it whether it was them or not.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Probably more likely a lone nutter with jihadist sympathies. If it were IS proper, the truck would have been rigged with explosives just to make sure.
                      One of their highest one man victim counts ever. A lorry & single Gun killing 84 people. Its a bit hard to see why they need explosives that would tip the police to the threat. Looks like they are getting more adept at this unfortunately.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X