• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terror attack in Nice, 30 dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    It was an unimaginable and horrific act.
    Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
      It was an unimaginable and horrific act.
      This British woman agrees.

British tourist complains about Nice terror attack ruining her shopping trip on Sky News | Daily Mail Online
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Some awkward questions for the police to answer, methinks...
        One question is how come you all missed. Really how can trained armed officers miss the driver so often.

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Where?
          My bad. I 'saw' it on the Daily Mail website but not wanting to linger there too long or go into any graphic content I missed that they've merged the tweet he did about Nice ("when will we ever learn?") with his 'arm everyone' stance he had about the Paris attacks.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            One question is how come you all missed. Really how can trained armed officers miss the driver so often.

They were shooting from the side from what I can tell, the officers were behind a large palm tree to the left of the lorry.
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

I spotted that and was hoping it wasn't a UK truck.

Maybe the photo is misleading as it doesn't show the bullet trajectory only the impact point on the windscreen. Maybe they were stood to the side to avoid getting run over.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

If it happened here there wouldn't be anyone there to shoot him.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  If it happened here there wouldn't be anyone there to shoot him.

Are you not in the UK?
                  In the UK we have ARUs & SFOs, which is generally enough.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This is the point on Google Maps that it started. You can how much of a clear run he had !

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@43.68...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Are you not in the UK?
                      In the UK we have ARUs & SFOs, which is generally enough.
                      Yes, they can drive to where it is going, jump out the car, get the guns from the boot and by that time Mohammed Al Semtex is another 500 meters down the road.

Comment

Working...
                      X