• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The question that all Remainers should ask themselves ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brexiters DO have a plan. It's here: Exclusive: Nigel Farage's Plan for UK Departure from the EU
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      The Breamainers plan was to suckle on the EU teat until we all spoke Esperanto and belonged heart & soul to Merkel.
      Tio estas hontinda mensogo!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Anyway I'm still waiting to hear the Brexiters plan....
        Simple: Tell the Commissars to f**k off, and if they want to sell us their stuff, come back and ask nicely. Tariffs will hurt them more than us. They know it, and we know it. We're due a short spell on the naughty step (to dissuade the others considering following the UK's lead) but beyond that, we've got the upper hand, if only we had a leader with a pair of kahunas who is prepared to take it to the brink. Ironically, it seems most likely this will be a woman. And I wouldn't mess with her. Even if I was German. This show ain't over, and in the almost immortal words of the Carpenters "It's Only Just Begun"...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Don't care how many millions voted out - the winning percentage was 1.8% only (over an even 50/50 split). Nearly half the votes don't want to leave.
          I think the risks are too great for a decision to be made to pull us out of Europe. We have a bigger change of renegotiating a better deal.
          By the time Xmas comes half of the Brexit voters won't remember what they voted on anyway and won't see much further than their smartphones or reality TV shows again. At some point they'll ask what happened to the free box of Brexit cereal they asked for.

I'm a bit fed up hearing about it all now. LEavers overjoyed and seem to want to push us out ASAP which goes to show people care little for other opinions really as nobody should be happy with a win of 1.8%, especially when something like 20 odd % didn't bother voting.

Although I can see it working fine either say (stay or leave) but the risks are high if we leave (to our and other economies) ......all for a 1.8% win? I don't think it's gonna happen.
          Last edited by SuperZ; 2 July 2016, 07:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            Don't care how many millions voted out - the winning percentage was 1.8% only (over an even 50/50 split). Nearly half the votes don't want to leave.
            I think the risks are too great for a decision to be made to pull us out of Europe. We have a bigger change of renegotiating a better deal.
            By the time Xmas comes half of the Brexit voters won't remember what they voted on anyway and won't see much further than their smartphones or reality TV shows again. At some point they'll ask what happened to the free box of Brexit cereal they asked for.

I'm a bit fed up hearing about it all now. LEavers overjoyed and seem to want to push us out ASAP which goes to show people care little for other opinions really as nobody should be happy with a win of 1.8%, especially when something like 20 odd % didn't bother voting.

Although I can see it working fine either say (stay or leave) but the risks are high if we leave (to our and other economies) ......all for a 1.8% win? I don't think it's gonna happen.
            You need to get better at maths. The winning margin was 3.6%....

Apart from that you still seem to be in phase 1 denial mode moving towards phase 2 anger...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Apart from that you still seem to be in phase 1 denial mode moving towards phase 2 anger...
              And that phase 2 is going to last a looonnnggggg time (on both sides).
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I'm basing the calculation off of the minimum required. At 50% nothing would have happened therefore at 51.8% I put that at a 1.8% win .

I don't think I'm angry . Seriously, I can see how it can work but I think the risks are way too high and the leave % not high enough to take the risks.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post

I don't think I'm angry . Seriously, I can see how it can work but I think the risks are way too high and the leave % not high enough to take the risks.
                  Just wait until you realise that Brexit is actually going to happen...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Just wait until you realise that Brexit is actually going to happen...
                    Depends on the form of the Brexit. Will I, as a UK citizen, be able to continue to work in France or Germany without having to get a work permit? Will my company (Swiss resident) be able to continue to freely provide services to the UK?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Depends on the form of the Brexit. Will I, as a UK citizen, be able to continue to work in France or Germany without having to get a work permit? Will my company (Swiss resident) be able to continue to freely provide services to the UK?
                      how likely are you to be refused a work permit? I would imagine it would be pretty much guaranteed.
                      I'm assuming you pay enough tax for 3-4 people at your level which makes you very attractive (You could pull FLC )

The providing of services depends how your mates in the EU behave the UK would want to provide services with as few barriers as possible.

If that is your only reason for remain its pretty selfish.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X