• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drei View Post
    You are most likely correct, the prices will still go up, probably not at the same speed but slightly every year. Going up slightly may help people struggling rather than going up by huge amounts. House I got as my first house has gone up double in price in 5 years, sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford it now but may afford if it went up slightly
    I didn't realise we were going to kick out the Russians, Chinese etc who were buying UK property as an investment and leaving it empty.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Hopefully, next PM will ditch that or put a referendum up for it.

Then we would have to leave the UN.

Comment

I was just looking at the regional voting map, so Scotland voted 62% Remain. Pretty damn funny for people that cried out for independence and wanted to go free at it, yet now they want to be part of an even bigger institution than the UK, with more laws and rules than the UK ever imposed on them. Makes you wonder.

Comment

You don't get it do you? We are free, we don't have to follow EU rules and laws and EU courts do not override our own courts of law. And the EU could never overrule the UK parliament which of course was not the question.

Seems like we exported all the crap years ago.
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was just looking at the regional voting map, so Scotland voted 62% Remain. Pretty damn funny for people that cried out for independence and wanted to go free at it, yet now they want to be part of an even bigger institution than the UK, with more laws and rules than the UK ever imposed on them. Makes you wonder.
            Time to boot the Scots. No need for a referendum, just the boot the whingers.

They are welcome to what's left of the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I didn't realise we were going to kick out the Russians, Chinese etc who were buying UK property as an investment and leaving it empty.
              In central London probably, doubt many Russians, Qatari, Chinese buy houses from Zone 3 onwards and outside London. So for the average Joe that will buy an average house yes it will be better. The houses in my area did not go up because of all the Russians and Chinese. It went up because of the influx of foreigners avoiding Central London, renting and buying houses where I am. This will apply to most places.

I am talking about houses that used to be £150k to £200k not 1mill+. These houses are now £300k to £500k.

Comment

Time to boot the Scots. No need for a referendum, just the boot the whingers.

They are welcome to what's left of the EU.

maybe we can do it before article 50 and they can stay with the UK deal?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was just looking at the regional votingg map, so Scotland voted 62% Remain. Pretty damn funny for gpeople that cried out for independence and wanted to go free at it, yet now they want to be part of an even bigger institution than the UK, with more laws and rules than the UK ever imposed on them. Makes you wonder.
                  There is no proof that the EU imposed more laws on the UK simply because some UK laws we had already e.g. various Health and Safety Acts were incorporated into EU directives.

Some of the fact checking organisations tried to find how many EU laws were new and could not come up with a conclusive number due to us having so many laws already.

Comment

Umm, Scotland has always wanted to remain in the EU.

What's more hypocritical is the people who voted leave due to being disgruntled with the EU were against Scotland independence which was for the same reasons.

Comment

In central London probably, doubt many Russians, Qatari, Chinese buy houses from Zone 3 onwards and outside London. So for the average Joe that will buy an average house yes it will be better. The houses in my area did not go up because of all the Russians and Chinese. It went up because of the influx of foreigners avoiding Central London, renting and buying houses where I am. This will apply to most places.

I am talking about houses that used to be £150k to £200k not 1mill+. These houses are now £300k to £500k.
                      Those Russians, Chinese etc buying and developers building property for exclusively for them in central London pushed British people I know of various incomes further out of London and into the Home Counties.

In return this has pushed up prices further out.

Or do you think it was the young immigrants who are living in shared accommodation are the cause of the housing problem in the SE?

I guess like Farage you just simply see everything as an EU immigration problem when the issue is UK governments from Thatcher onwards who think the market will provide basic things that.

BTW Australia has the issue simply because both Britain and Australia don't have residence requirements to buy housing.

Comment

Working...
                      X