• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    There is no proof that the EU imposed more laws on the UK simply because some UK laws we had already e.g. various Health and Safety Acts were incorporated into EU directives.

Some of the fact checking organisations tried to find how many EU laws were new and could not come up with a conclusive number due to us having so many laws already.
    Far too late for facts, my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You don't get it do you? We are free, we don't have to follow EU rules and laws and EU courts do not override our own courts of law...
      Keep telling yourself that princess.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Indeed, but then again YOU couldn't see BREXIT happening either
      I thought remain would win with a very narrow margin. That's a long way from "I can't see it ever happening". Stupid bhoy.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Those Russians, Chinese etc buying and developers building property for exclusively for them in central London pushed British people I know of various incomes further out of London and into the Home Counties.

In return this has pushed up prices further out.

Or do you think it was the young immigrants who are living in shared accommodation are the cause of the housing problem in the SE?

I guess like Farage you just simply see everything as an EU immigration problem when the issue is UK governments from Thatcher onwards who think the market will provide basic things that.

BTW Australia has the issue simply because both Britain and Australia don't have residence requirements to buy housing.
        yeah because the >10% of the Slough population from Eastern Europe actually live in the clouds not houses.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          why start bothering with them now?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            I was just looking at the regional voting map, so Scotland voted 62% Remain. Pretty damn funny for people that cried out for independence and wanted to go free at it, yet now they want to be part of an even bigger institution than the UK, with more laws and rules than the UK ever imposed on them. Makes you wonder.
            Scotland wanted freedom from rule from London. The Scots generally didn't buy the idea that the EU rules over the UK government.
            Originally posted by gables View Post
            Umm, Scotland has always wanted to remain in the EU..
            Exactly. That was the reason it chose to remain part of the UK - the threat of having to apply for EU membership on their own. Now they're leaving the EU anyway, and the EU would probably be quite accommodating.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

These facts were put on this forum before by others.

I'm just amused how the Brexiters think they will get manna when they will just get bread.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

These facts were put on this forum before by others.

I'm just amused how the Brexiters think they will get manna when they will just get bread.
                Have you seen 28 Days Later?

Comment

Welcome to 'whose brexit is it anyway', the show where everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Welcome to 'whose brexit is it anyway', the show where everything is made up and the facts don't matter.
                    I've been watching for the last 4 months.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      yeah because the >10% of the Slough population from Eastern Europe actually live in the clouds not houses.
                      I didn't realise there were so many Asian and Black people in Eastern Europe.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X