• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Except it will be on worse terms, of course, which will make a for a poorer Britain. I mean, you could hope for better terms, but I can't see it happening.
    Indeed, but then again YOU couldn't see BREXIT happening either, so you'll forgive us for not taking your post-defeat prognosis too seriously either.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So is there a high risk that a huge amount of immigrants will now try to get in before the doors get shut and get more restricted?

In regards to points base or whatever of course there will be a change, at least now we will truly get European worthy people, proper culture not the tulips we got. British people had no idea what actually did come into the UK to steal and cheat only to build empires back wherever they came from. Hopefully the NHS will no longer treat the people that only came here to get treatment.

I am hoping less traffic on the roads, less congestion on the trains, less queues at the NHS, NHS get a breather, housing crisis slightly less of a crisis, UK citizens actually able to buy houses. Half of Poland get filled back up as it was getting sooo empty, EU children in their countries stop getting benefits from UK, foreigners benefits cut, we can finally get hooves over 1600W or at least not get constricted to 900W, UK farmers get some breathing, EU laws/rules no apply... and so forth.

We may get hit with much higher flight charges however flights to any E EU country has been the same price as back in 2000 due to the demand. Flights to S EU will probably stay competitive due to tourism, if people still want their Sun. Roaming charges... Three gave pretty good stuff, will these be stopped or roaming charges go up? US gets free data and minutes abroad anyhow, so do a lot of EU countries, guess the UK is just a rip-off regardless of in or out.
      Gas & Electric, Roaming, Flights, Fuel, Imports/Exports may go up, not because in reality it goes up but because it will be an easy Tax to charge us (punishment too).
      Last edited by Drei; 24 June 2016, 10:11. Reason: spelling

Comment

Covent Garden council flat sold for £1.2m nets the former owners an 800% profit | Daily Mail Online

Do you think, now that Brexit will smash UK house prices as the Bremain camp told us, I might get an ex-council flat for say £950K now?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You don't get it do you? We are free, we don't have to follow EU rules and laws and EU courts do not override our own courts of law.

Seems like we exported all the crap years ago.
          No but we still have the European Court of Human Rights.

And as we have signed up for the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights we will still have the same Human Rights act.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This will probably haunt him for quite a while but in the future he will unboundedly be looked upon as one of the better post war prime ministers.

He took on a complete disaster in 2010 and the country has come out of this better than countries who went in better than us. He was brave enough to give the nation 2 votes on issues that had been ongoing for decades. One he lost and one he won, for me he won the more important referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

And as we have signed up for the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights we will still have the same Human Rights act.
              Hopefully, next PM will ditch that or put a referendum up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Covent Garden council flat sold for £1.2m nets the former owners an 800% profit | Daily Mail Online

Do you think, now that Brexit will smash UK house prices as the Bremain camp told us, I might get an ex-council flat for say £950K now?

You are most likely correct, the prices will still go up, probably not at the same speed but slightly every year. Going up slightly may help people struggling rather than going up by huge amounts. House I got as my first house has gone up double in price in 5 years, sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford it now but may afford if it went up slightly
                Last edited by Drei; 24 June 2016, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Get out of UN, declare Britain the First Galactic Empire!!!

Comment

I didn't voite but it would have been a remain vote from looking at the aspect of where we are in the world, being part of something bigger than within our own borders, not being quitters and instead making it work.
                    However, I can see the benefits to both arguments and nobody really knows which will have the better outcome. Brexit does now excite me a bit!

Many of the working classes especially will I think have voted because of immigration but immigration needs to be high at least for future state pensions, which the working classes will likely need to fall back on more than others. With an aging population we need more young tax payers

On another note.....so when's the contract market going improve then?
                    Last edited by SuperZ; 24 June 2016, 10:20.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                      . With an aging population we need more young tax payers

?
                      You still believe that bulltulip?

Walk round a poor working class area and you'll see mums with five or more kids.

Wake up, immigration is there not to pay pensions but to ensure wages are rock bottom to keep parasites like Philip Green a billionaire.

Comment

Working...
                      X