• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Brexit Merge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapchat must be in meltdown.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      You got a 50/50 choice 100% wrong. It really doesn't get more categorical than that!
      Ah, of course. The majority always make the right choice. Silly me.

If in five years time Britain is booming, that will show that the 48% were probably wrong. If in five years time, Britain is in decline that will show that 52% were probably wrong. Not 100% wrong. You'd only get that if you were able to view some kind of parallel universe. Even Farage admitted he has no real idea what the consequences will be - he just thinks it will be better than staying in.

I think Britain and the British people will suffer as a result of today's result. That was my view yesterday, it'll be my view tomorrow.

The fact that 52% of people disagree with me doesn't alter my view. Why should it? Far more than 52% of people thought I was wrong to vote Conservative in 1997. I'm still pretty sure that was the right choice.

As I've also consistently pointed out, what happens in Britain has little effect on me personally. I don't have to live with the decision. I'm kind of (dis)interested in how this will pan out. I'd be delighted if the UK actually did do very well as a result of exiting - but quite surprised. I'll also be quite surprised if the UK doesn't sign up to Freedom of Movement and other key EU policies.

But hey - don't let reason and facts confuse you. Why break the habit of a lifetime?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by westtester View Post
        Tony Blair on Sky News looks like he's going to start crying any minute, could this day get any better?
        Chilcott report out next month.

The Yanks hate a loser so with any luck Blair will be dumped by his American backers. The War Crimes Tribunal beckons....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

If in five years time Britain is booming, that will show that the 48% were probably wrong. If in five years time, Britain is in decline that will show that 52% were probably wrong. Not 100% wrong. You'd only get that if you were able to view some kind of parallel universe. Even Farage admitted he has no real idea what the consequences will be - he just thinks it will be better than staying in.

I think Britain and the British people will suffer as a result of today's result. That was my view yesterday, it'll be my view tomorrow.

The fact that 52% of people disagree with me doesn't alter my view. Why should it? Far more than 52% of people thought I was wrong to vote Conservative in 1997. I'm still pretty sure that was the right choice.

As I've also consistently pointed out, what happens in Britain has little effect on me personally. I don't have to live with the decision. I'm kind of (dis)interested in how this will pan out. I'd be delighted if the UK actually did do very well as a result of exiting - but quite surprised. I'll also be quite surprised if the UK doesn't sign up to Freedom of Movement and other key EU policies.

But hey - don't let reason and facts confuse you. Why break the habit of a lifetime?
          Still in serious shock about the outcome and also at how many people who did not consider the far reaching social and economic impacts of their vote.

While it doesn't impact me as an Irish national living in Cloggers, it will have a knock on effect of getting contracts back in the UK, dependent on the outcomes of trade negotiations.

It does impact the possibility of me staying on here in cloggers as MrN being British we have no way of knowing what his status will be depending on the decisions the EU takes on the status of British expats in EU countries.

The other impact that this has is now that MrN is looking for a job in cloggers there is no fecking way anyone will touch him with a bargepole as a British citizen as they don't want to employ someone whose residential status is uncertain.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Democracy is doomed as the majority usual make the wrong choice. But in this case, the plebs feel badly treated and are revolting.

History cannot be repeated. If we are boomed in 5 years, we may still be less boomed than if we had remained.

IMO the UK will do better for leaving relative to stating. But its like climate change - no-one knows.

Comment

Brexit 2 - The revenge petition

So popular the website's crashed already:

Brexit: Petition for second EU referendum so popular the government site's crashing | UK | News | The Independent
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How things change for the average person will be decided by whether or not they survive the plague of frogs and the cancer.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  How things change for the average person will be decided by whether or not they survive the plague of frogs and the cancer.
                  What has Pondy been up to now?

Comment

I'm Free - "I'm free and freedom tastes of reality"

Comment

Keith Vaz On His Violin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz_F0RiQcuY

Comment

Working...
                      X