• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birstall MP attacked and killed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    ...so let's not go there....
    Exactly.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Exactly.
      Thank you. At this point, let's just keep her family in our thoughts and not speculate on motivations or implications because we know almost nothing at this stage.

Comment

Nutters never help the cause they favour.

Never heard of her but reading the obituary she seemed like a more honest politician than most.

Do MPs get security? I guess they might after this.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Do MPs get security? I guess they might after this.
          Unless there's a credible threat, or they're high profile, they don't get much. This from about 6 months ago British MPs to receive 'enhanced' security measures for homes and offices amid rising terror fears | UK Politics | News | The Independent
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Wasn't she the one that had some vile threats?

That was a different female MP a couple of weeks ago
            Labour's Jess Phillips receives 600 rape threats after launching anti-bullying campaign | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Well she is either the most unluckiest person in the world to have been killed randomly by someone who just turned up with a gun and a knife or she was targeted for her beliefs... Isn't a huge step to take in the land of presumption of the possible reasons why this has happened...

Either way its disgusting... Two kids have lost their mum today for doing nothing more than her job...
              Last edited by dx4100; 16 June 2016, 17:51.

Comment

Been to Batley a lot, mrs worked there and still goes to gym there, very Pakistani but always seems quiet and trouble free apart from the pissed up yobs at Frontierland nightclub come chucking out time (and getting in time come to think of it).

Awful....

Comment

The BBC said the attacker went on to hurt someone else, someone in their 70's...
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                    Well she is either the most unluckiest person in the world to have been killed randomly by someone who just turned up with a gun and a knife or she was targeted for her beliefs... Isn't a huge step to take in the land of presumption of the possible reasons why this has happened...

Either way its disgusting... Two kids have lost their mum today for doing nothing more than her job...
                    Not quite. It only takes a local to take a dislike to their MP especially a local who is mentally unwell... Heck I see enough people having a go at my MP and she doesn't deserve any of the comments she gets...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Not quite. It only takes a local to take a dislike to their MP especially a local who is mentally unwell... Heck I see enough people having a go at my MP and she doesn't deserve any of the comments she gets...
                      Isn't that what I said though ? Its attacking someone for their beliefs ?

Comment

Working...
                      X