• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the best way to lose weight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    It's calorie restriction for just 2 days per week the other days a person can eat what they like.
    Here is one study comparing calorie restriction with the 5:2 diet. linky Yes it is in women but then I'm female. Weight loss was the same in both groups.

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    I tried it myself and dropped 2 stone fairly easily in 4 months without the usual drugery of day in day out dieting. After a while the fast days become easy and somewhat enjoyable. Moreover I had a takeaway every week!
    The bit in bold is why you loss weight - it is a diet you could stick to.

There are other studies showing that both low fat, high carb and high fat, low carb diets also make you lose the same level of weight.

The reason they all work is due to calorie reduction.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      yes, everyone was slim in the 70s, here is me in my prime...

To be fair he isn't very fat by today's standards of being fat.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        Most amazing thing about old photographs now is not the old fashioned cars, the hairstyles, the clean streets, the heavy formal clothing. It is the fact that everybody - without exception - has an amazingly flat stomach.

And it's not just pictures from the 1930s I am talking about here. Your holiday snaps from the 70s too. Look at those people. Most of them did no excercise to speak of, never saw a gym, but young and old - completely slim. You almost forget that this is what normal human beings look like.

The media will sometimes joke about how terrible our diet was in the 70s. Oh really?
        The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan later admitted he had done a great disservice to the UK. His advert was the first to promote snacking in the UK.

In the 70's people weren't slim because what they ate it was due to when they ate e.g. no snacking between meals.

Comment

There are a number of tried and tested methods that work quite well. FLC managed to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat overnight simply by chopping his head off!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            There are a number of tried and tested methods that work quite well. FLC managed to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat overnight simply by chopping his head off!

And you lost over a kilo when A&E removed NLyUK's dislodged dildo from your rectum.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              And you lost over a kilo when A&E removed NLyUK's dislodged dildo from your rectum.
              But not as much as the 2 kilos you lost carrying it home and cleaning it!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                But not as much as the 2 kilos you lost carrying it home and cleaning it!!
                Bravo, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan later admitted he had done a great disservice to the UK. His advert was the first to promote snacking in the UK.

In the 70's people weren't slim because what they ate it was due to when they ate e.g. no snacking between meals.
                  Really? I thought the advert encouraged modest consumption of a pretty modest product. Fudges were small items, and the advert ("just enough") almost seemed to be promoting moderation. And it did use the word "treat", ie. something out of the norm.
                  Last edited by unixman; 11 June 2016, 17:38. Reason: i just like editing

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                    Really? I thought the advert encouraged modest consumption of a pretty modest product. Fudges were small items, and the advert ("just enough") almost seemed to be promoting moderation. And it did use the word "treat", ie. something out of the norm.
                    Yeah but it was the thin edge of the wedge and where it started the marathon and many high calorie bars followed.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The guy who invented the "Finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids' a treat" slogan is now on a register for life.
                      FTFY
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X