• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IMF warns of dire consequences in the event of a BREXIT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that before or after The European War (TM - the Stay campaign?)

And let's not forget a possible plague of locusts once we leave the EU rules on pesticides...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      ah here's another one, must have missed this one

but here it is for completeness:

OECD warns of bad consequences of a BREXIT
      Again, more panic about Europe and the world if we leave.

Says more about the fragility of the European Union than the UK.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The more the merrier on international talking shops It consolidates the anti-establishment vote, which is the last thing the Bremainers need for turnout. I'm not sure the forecasts about house prices are enitirely supportive either; it makes younger voters think twice

The Bremainers are making a panicky hash of the politics and optics, much like the Indyref No campaign, but the polls are much closer in this ref. I imagine the Bremainers anticipated no contest.

Comment

Whatever is "the right choice" we are dealing with massive Bremain propaganda.

Comment

Howard Shore sets out his points in favour of Brexit

Howard Shore sets out his points in favour of Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
              Whatever is "the right choice" we are dealing with massive Bremain propaganda.
              Agreed. I wasn't particularly strident about this last year, but the propaganda from Bremain has completely undermined the sensible case for Remain IMO. It isn't going to work. I'm starting to worry about the massive punts I've taken on a Remain vote. That'll teach me for being a dirty spekulant

Comment

The prospect of a Brexit is actually quite exciting, it will be very interesting to see how a government will cobble itself together and motivate everyone to "build British companies" as international companies decamp. It will certainly be a very interesting economic project.

My feeling is Britain will have to be like Taiwan, i.e. unilaterally lift all tariffs, give tax breaks to encourage inward investors and remove employment protection. Probably personal taxation will need to go up, to compensate for business tax breaks.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  The prospect of a Brexit is actually quite exciting, it will be very interesting to see how a government will cobble itself together and motivate everyone to "build British companies" as international companies decamp. It will certainly be a very interesting economic project.

My feeling is Britain will have to be like Taiwan, i.e. unilaterally lift all tariffs, give tax breaks to encourage inward investors and remove employment protection. Probably personal taxation will need to go up, to compensate for business tax breaks.
                  Tax the boomers - simples [emoji48]
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

So another thread with quotes about how a brexit will mean we all end up in mud huts - with the quotes being written by people with a huge personal financial interest in bremaining.

Seriously .............

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      So another thread with quotes about how a brexit will mean we all end up in mud huts - with the quotes being written by people with a huge personal financial interest in bremaining.

Seriously .............

We are all cretins don't you know, and unsuccessful.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X