• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting a new passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine off this geeza:

Takes about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrix Kiddo View Post
      I just sent mine off on Monday. You do have to send the old one with the application. I would have chosen the fast-track service except that you have to make an appointment and go in person.

Do you have to send the old one? I fancied keeping mine as it has loads of stamps in it. Can I just say I lost it?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Do you have to send the old one? I fancied keeping mine as it has loads of stamps in it. Can I just say I lost it?
        Yep.

Mine got returned with the corners cut off.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Do you need a passport for first class travel?

Comment

Use the Post Office. There are several dodgy websites that will charge you extra to do the same as the proper one does, but the PO will check it for you before you send it off.
            Yes, you get the old one back - surprised you didn't know that as a global traveller. Also, if any of your stories of travel were true, make sure you get the bigger one - you'll need the extra pages.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Use the Post Office. There are several dodgy websites that will charge you extra to do the same as the proper one does, but the PO will check it for you before you send it off.
              Yes, you get the old one back - surprised you didn't know that as a global traveller. Also, if any of your stories of travel were true, make sure you get the bigger one - you'll need the extra pages.
              Lost my last one, so no didn't know you could keep it.

Comment

Mate did the fast track in person yesterday.

Turned up at 12:30, gave them the needful then went over the road to the pub for lunch. 2.5 hrs later he picked up his new one and headed back to the pub.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    My ten years is up and I need a new one. Last time I drove to Swansea to get one, but this time I have a few weeks before I need to fly.

Does anyone have experience of the process now? Do I need to go up to London, or is the fast track service really a week? Do you have to send in your old one?

Anyone had to do this recently?
                    Got mine in 5 days, just using normal post office checking service (November last year). And yes, you do need to send the old one, but they send it back with a chunk of the front lopped off to make it obvious it is no longer valid.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      Got mine in 5 days, just using normal post office checking service (November last year). And yes, you do need to send the old one, but they send it back with a chunk of the front lopped off to make it obvious it is no longer valid.

Post office just said it could take 1,2 or 3 weeks. If you want it within 3, best go to London.

So London it is then.

Comment

Working...
                      X