• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swedish immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are ever in the Military and your group is kidnapped, then Welsh is a UN recognised language which you can speak and no other f***** understands so you can plan your escape.
    Word of advice - if you were unlucky to be kidnapped, then don't try to speak unless spoken to, especially not in the language kidnappers don't understand...

Comment

They need some solution:

Immigrant children in Sweden blamed for country's poor test scores | Europe | News | The Independent
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Learning to speak like a Viking = Uber Cool!!
        Learning to speak like a Welshy = Not so.....

SKOL SKOL SKOL.......
        I did Old Icelandic, Old English and Latin at uni.

I can also attempt Irish (15 years of it at school).

So at most I can attempt skol in 7 languages (Dutch, French and English too!).
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Maybe they should pop over here to London and see how we do it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Maybe they should pop over here to London and see how we do it.
            we just blame it on poor white boys and forget the nationality.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              we just blame it on poor white boys and forget the nationality.
              Working class white Brits.

There are quite a few Polish, Hungarian, Serbian and Europeans in London whose parents aren't loaded and they are doing fine.

And they aren't being blamed.

They do badly because they are a group that is and was ignored by educators, who don't have parents who regard education as important enough to make a fuss about how badly they are being treated in school.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

They do badly because they are a group that is and was ignored by educators, who don't have parents who regard education as important enough to .
                To help them with their homework or to develop a sense of “this is a good thing to do”
                Kids will never learn when their peers & parents say “well I did well enough without a degree / GCSE’s”

I am not saying all schools are perfect but education is not solely the remit of teachers; parents need to be just as involved.
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

A language with 2500 speakers, concentrated in one community. That community decides, in a bid to ensure the continuation of the language, that the local nursery school will use only that language.

And somehow that translates into a bid to stop immigration?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Speaking Welsh has one use.

If you are ever in the Military and your group is kidnapped, then Welsh is a UN recognised language which you can speak and no other f***** understands so you can plan your escape.

I heard of some RAF chaps in WW2 who escaped from a German camp and managed to walk away speaking Welsh because it was assumed they were eastern european labourers.

It's quite handy when being hastled by chuggers and london beggars too. The opening few lines of Dau Gi Bach are typically enough to see them on their way

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      I heard of some RAF chaps in WW2 who escaped from a German camp and managed to walk away speaking Welsh because it was assumed they were eastern european labourers.

It's quite handy when being hastled by chuggers and london beggars too. The opening few lines of Dau Gi Bach are typically enough to see them on their way
                      presumably when they hear you speak Welsh they give you money?
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X