• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swedish immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    presumably when they hear you speak Welsh they give you money?
    Fecking pimps. Always looking for an untapped revenue stream.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      A language with 2500 speakers, concentrated in one community. That community decides, in a bid to ensure the continuation of the language, that the local nursery school will use only that language.

And somehow that translates into a bid to stop immigration?
      More people than that can speak Klingon.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        To help them with their homework or to develop a sense of “this is a good thing to do”
        Kids will never learn when their peers & parents say “well I did well enough without a degree / GCSE’s”

I am not saying all schools are perfect but education is not solely the remit of teachers; parents need to be just as involved.
        If their parents were making a fuss they would be the type of parents who would be encouraging them.

BTW I never had parents who helped me with my homework and neither did many of my family spanning generations. Children are encouraged by the wider family to get on with it unless they want a tulip job when they grow up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          More people than that can speak Klingon.
          pe' SoH 'e' yIQoy 'e' contractor
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X