• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump on Indian outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On past form, he'll have completely reversed his position by the end of today. There's hardly any point paying any attention to his blatherings, as he doesn't really mean any of it, except the bits where he says how wonderful he is
    Do you mean me or Trump? Or both?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      On past form, he'll have completely reversed his position by the end of today. There's hardly any point paying any attention to his blatherings, as he doesn't really mean any of it, except the bits where he says how wonderful he is
      Could you clarify please? Is the above in reference to Trump or sasguru?

Edit: Gaahh! Too slow

Comment

Is Trump sasguru?

Has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room?

Has anyone ever had both of them in the same sniper sight?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
          It's very easy for any politician (or wannabe politician) to say what they're going to do; actually doing it is a different matter. Voters would do well to learn that until they get elected everything a candidate says is hot air and propaganda, and should be ignored. Us contractors are judged on our past record and our CVs, it should be the same for politicians. Treat them as candidates for a four-year contract and see if you'd hire them on that basis.
          As far as agents are concerned this rule does not apply
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Trump gets my vote
            Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            That's because you are thick.
            No it's not. It's because he too has the style and grace of a gangrenous paper cut.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
              Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

"Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions."

If only a UK politician would say the same about ICT visas here.
              He likes immigrants when it suits him...

Trump married Czech model Ivana Zelníčková on April 7, 1977
              In 1998, Trump began a relationship with Slovenian-born fashion model, Melania Knauss. They became engaged in April 2004 and were married on January 22, 2005
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I wish my Indian colleagues would learn to cover their mouths when hacking their guts up - they're all at it around me at the moment and it's only a matter of time before I go down with whatever nasties are flying around

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  Donald J. Trump Position on Visas

these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay.
                  Doesn't Trump widely employ Indian and Asian workers in India and Asia though, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Indian technology companies have complained long and loud about the cost of H1-B visas, arguing that they need to bring workers from India to the USA to grow their businesses.
                    Is this not a direct admission that their business model is based on undercutting local workers with imported cheap labour?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Is this not a direct admission that their business model is based on undercutting local workers with imported cheap labour?
                      and?
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X