• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Generation spent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    younger folk are completely screwed.
    Then its about time they did something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      They do, millions of them. They tweet about it, put something next to a selfie on facebook saying they want a house and they probably mention it whilst playing the PS4.

Comment

Such as?
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Such as?
          Voting. And I like SueEllen's suggestion about lieing to pollsters! I thought I was the only one who did that.

I would prefer them to march on Downing street and lynch Cameron. But then I think everyone should do that. The useless toffee nosed self centred git.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            They do, millions of them. They tweet about it, put something next to a selfie on facebook saying they want a house and they probably mention it whilst playing the PS4.
            What I like is the way they post about having sex. When I was younger there was so much sex around we did not need to go on about it. It seems to be rare now.

Comment

Voting. And I like SueEllen's suggestion about lieing to pollsters! I thought I was the only one who did that.

I would prefer them to march on Downing street and lynch Cameron. But then I think everyone should do that. The useless toffee nosed self centred git.
              When was the last time we saw a march on Downing Street? We have that online thing now, where for example 600,000 signed about Meningitis vaccine for everyone, and govt responded with one page online rebuttal saying "no feck orf"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                When was the last time we saw a march on Downing Street? We have that online thing now, where for example 600,000 signed about Meningitis vaccine for everyone, and govt responded with one page online rebuttal saying "no feck orf"
                2003. 2 million of them about Iraq war. But his Blairness listened to God.

They would have been better off trying my idea of a "Downing Streak" protest.

Comment

What I like is the way they post about having sex. When I was younger there was so much sex around we did not need to go on about it. It seems to be rare now.
                  Them dinosaurs were easy!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

2003. 2 million of them about Iraq war. But his Blairness listened to God.

They would have been better off trying my idea of a "Downing Streak" protest.
                    The Iraq marchers didn't riot.

If people of different ages sign petitions and march on an issue, then at least one group has a full scale riot I think politicians will listen.

I do remember one campaigner on the issue saying it was the retired who were the group not interested in building more houses. They are the group who are mostly likely to moan about new technology and how buying it's expensive whether it's microfibre cloths used for cleaning or a smartphone so you can get a job.

Lots of Baby Boomers have children who have either moved far from them to afford to buy property or cannot afford it at all so are living at home.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The most confusing thing bout the rental market here is the lack of purpose-built lets for anyone but students and the poor. I'm hoping that will change as I'm not terribly keen on getting back on the property ladder and being dependent upon random btl people for housing stock sucks.

There's lots of things that suck about the economy, but I don't see a reason to pile on an entire generation of folk about that. If people generally didn't buy into the idea you had to own your own home and non-residents were barred from the property market I think a lot of things would be better.

Comment

Working...
                      X