• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crosstrain as a contractor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afternoon Franko,

I have a fine memory and remember the technology you had exposure to in 2002, it was your opportunity to get into it,

you passed it by.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      afternoon Franko,

I have a fine memory and remember the technology you had exposure to in 2002, it was your opportunity to get into it,

you passed it by.

Milan.
      No, didn't do .NET yet.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        No, didn't do .NET yet.
        I have already gotten 5 years of .NET 4.0 experience.

threaded.

Comment

Franko,

having said that, no point dwelling on the past

look to the future man !

Milan.
          Last edited by milanbenes; 20 October 2006, 14:40.

Comment

a combination of b) and c)

I tend to train myself up for the next contract before the existing one finishes, that way you have the training & the experience. I view training as an investment, looking at courses with ROI opportunities. So I tend to go for the ones that start with 'ISEB...'.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Is it just me? When somebody says "crosstrain as a..." my mind automatically adds "hairdresser"
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

When you are king of .NET, BizTalk and SQL Server, WHO needs to learn anything else in order to coin it in?

Comment

Working...
                X