• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allah Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Jihad means struggle, in whatever form that takes. ...
    Buddhism seems quite attractive as a faith by comparison, ...
    Buddhism 101

All Life is Suffering

Attractive or depressing? Judaeo-Christian-Islam all say life is good, an expression of the deity's purpose. Suffering has meaning, stuff is worth fighting for.

Buddhism says the opposite.

Life is meaningless, illusory, purposeless.

Buddhism is explicitly atheist (non-theist ie there is no possibility of an overall order or creation by an independently existing being).

The only "universal" law is Karma or Dependent Origination - you can take this one or leave it, basically, you're only here because of a chain of consequences, break the chain and that's Nirvana (extinction - removal from life that is suffering).

Siddhartha Gottama said he dun this already ages ago ffs before jesus (who did exist but St Paul did his PR) and islam or wotever, so just get on with it start meditation asap.

He would have liked the bit in the Gospels where Jesus says leave your home and family and money and get out in the desert and pray (meditate) until the world ends. He would find absurd the bit where Jesus makes a whip out of asses' tails and whips the money lenders out of the temple grounds - (why doesn't Jesus have compassion for the bankers, they are just doing their job? All anger is simply counter-productive in Buddhism)

Anyway the point is, Buddhism is not as nice as you think it is, and it is interesting to understand why, because it might be right about some things.

Comment

Why would I? I'm not the one who thinks Islam is evil. I have no interest in visiting Bradford anyway, there's too many Muslims there.
      FTFY

Comment

Working...
      X