• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Allah Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    So jihad and converting the world to Islam aren't two of the tenants (sic) of the Muslim faith?

Oh dear.
    I'm sure you're so well-informed on the tenants of Islam you already know that "jihad" doesn't automatically mean military conquest, so stop taking the piss already.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
      I'm sure you're so well-informed on the tenants of Islam you already know that "jihad" doesn't automatically mean military conquest, so stop taking the piss already.
      Oh absolutely. I also know you mean tenets rather than tenants (too much Scottish lager already?)

Jihad means struggle, in whatever form that takes. This is no baseless disdain for any particular religion; unlike Britain First and other Nick Griffin inspired BNP-a-likes, I've actually taken the time to read about it. Buddhism seems quite attractive as a faith by comparison, as does Shinto, but I haven't had any chats with people from either faith.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Oh absolutely. I also know you mean tenets rather than tenants (too much Scottish lager already?)

Jihad means struggle, in whatever form that takes. This is no baseless disdain for any particular religion; unlike Britain First and other Nick Griffin inspired BNP-a-likes, I've actually taken the time to read about it. Buddhism seems quite attractive as a faith by comparison, as does Shinto, but I haven't had any chats with people from either faith.
        So what's your beef then?

Comment

So what's your beef then?
          What do you mean?

Are you ignoring the things that, for example, MicrosoftBob lists?
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I don't think having a general live-and-let-live attitude towards the cultural practices of others (where they don't infringe on the well-being of other people, natch) means defending anything about those practices.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing " is what leaps to mind.

Sounds like you have your head in the sand for fear of offending anyone.

Comment

What do you mean?

Are you ignoring the things that, for example, MicrosoftBob lists?
              Well the things he lists aren't part and parcel of Islam so I don't see the connection. I mean if I can separate the Spanish Inquisition or any position taken by the Catholic Church from Christianity I don't see why you guys have a problem accepting that FGM and the burka aren't actually part of Islam. Unless you're going to tell me you have pictures of both the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope on your dart board at home?

@Gumbo I have no problem offending people, I also have no argument with Islam. A lot of it makes more sense to me than Christian precepts.

Comment

Well the things he lists aren't part and parcel of Islam so I don't see the connection. I mean if I can separate the Spanish Inquisition or any position taken by the Catholic Church from Christianity I don't see why you guys have a problem accepting that FGM and the burka aren't actually part of Islam. Unless you're going to tell me you have pictures of both the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope on your dart board at home?

@Gumbo I have no problem offending people, I also have no argument with Islam. A lot of it makes more sense to me than Christian precepts.
                What the hell have the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope got to do with anything? You're a complete imbecile.

Comment

What the hell have the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Pope got to do with anything? You're a complete imbecile.
                  What does all that BS have to do with Islam? Stop being a bigot or just admit your bigotry if you're not an equal-opportunity hater of all religion.

Comment

What does all that BS have to do with Islam? Stop being a bigot or just admit your bigotry if you're not an equal-opportunity hater of all religion.
                    What a bigotted statement.

Islam and Buddhism are poles apart.

Perfectly valid to have concerns about one and not the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                      What a bigotted statement.

Islam and Buddhism are poles apart.

Perfectly valid to have concerns about one and not the other.
                      I don't understand what concerns you could have about Islam that you wouldn't have about Judaism aside from the fact that the latter don't proselytise. Buddhism is fairly innocuous I agree. Doesn't justify slagging off the faith of a billion people though, does it?

Comment

Working...
                      X