• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breakfast Routine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekdays I get up, do a Sudoku while dropping the kids off at the pool, then take the dog for a walk. While I'm out walking, the Wife (tm) makes my lunch, then I come in, wash the dog, have a shower, dry off, put clothes on, eat breakfast and then go to work.
    Weekends one of us gets up and lets the dog out into the garden, then comes back in and we have breakfast in bed together.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You'll die young if you keep that up.
      Tell me about it! Not doing this forever....

I do get the train to client though which is much less stressful than driving....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Weekdays I get up, do a Sudoku while dropping the kids off at the pool, then take the dog for a walk. While I'm out walking, the Wife (tm) makes my lunch, then I come in, wash the dog, have a shower, dry off, put clothes on, eat breakfast and then go to work.
        Weekends one of us gets up and lets the dog out into the garden, then comes back in and we have breakfast in bed together.
        No kids then?

Weekends are, kids wake up early, start howling, wreck the place, run around, go mad etc.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Gotta go to work with a washed & polished botty otherwise it's just plain wrong
          Who at work is going to notice? You can always use those moist wipe things...

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Missed that bit out. Always thought that was a bit smelly. After all you must sweat a bit in bed sometimes....
          But then you're clean when in bed, so the sheets don't get dirtied. Unless it's really hot or you're having fun in bed, you should be fine.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

No kids then?

Weekends are, kids wake up early, start howling, wreck the place, run around, go mad etc.

Don't worry, that phase doesn't last for ever.

Soon you'll be having to ferry them all around the country for sports fixtures in the mornings and then collect them from late night parties.
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

No kids then?

Of course not. I'm a contractor, not a mug
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Who at work is going to notice? You can always use those moist wipe things...

But then you're clean when in bed, so the sheets don't get dirtied. Unless it's really hot or you're having fun in bed, you should be fine.
                Bed head (as in bad hair in the morning) - if I do not shower in the morning my luxurious mane looks like David Hasslehoff in a hurricane.

Comment

Up around 7. Downstairs to pick up the tea whoever got up first made. Drink tea while moderating CUK + other site + doing the Times crossword. If I'm going to the office, upstairs around 8, perform ablutions, get dressed, go to work ~8:30.

I don't have breakfast.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Andy W's Mum always gives makes me a slap up breakfast.
                  FTFY
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Up at 05:55. Make pot of tea and feed the dogs. S/S/S then drink tea. Leave house at 06:35 for work, at my desk for 07:30.

Leave the office at 17:00, ride home. Walk dogs. Drink tea. Eat. Go to bed.

Wonder to myself "is this how life is meant to be?".

Waiting for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                      Up at 05:55. Make pot of tea and feed the dogs. S/S/S then drink tea. Leave house at 06:35 for work, at my desk for 07:30.

Leave the office at 17:00, ride home. Walk dogs. Drink tea. Eat. Go to bed.

Wonder to myself "is this how life is meant to be?".

Waiting for the weekend.
                      Three S's - Top Man!
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X