• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buy to let DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I really do have empathy for the first guy though; he's lost out on a number of properties because he keeps getting outbid.
    But not enough empathy to sell to him, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      But not enough empathy to sell to him, eh?
      I was going to until the other offer came in

But seriously, more than the money it's the hassle I'll save by selling to the investor... I don't want to evict the tenant, who hasn't caused me any hassle this past year.

Comment

I really do have empathy for the first guy though; he's lost out on a number of properties because he keeps getting outbid.
        Is he a substantial chap who is never far from a pie?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't want to evict the tenant, who hasn't caused me any hassle this past year.
          Amateur.

I'd evict the tenant and sell to the young guy...

... then gazunder him by at least £20k just before exchange of contracts takes place.

HTH

MarillionFan

Comment

More doom.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              More doom.
              Blimey.. If the Doom gets any worse I'm not going to be able to afford to subscribe to read about more doom!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Blimey.. If the Doom gets any worse I'm not going to be able to afford to subscribe to read about more doom!!!
                I was feeling quite upbeat before I read that, now I feel beside myself with doom. It's all completely futile. The doom has gone to 11.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The pension pots have just been made available. To try to pump money into a f**ked economy.

Alas some boomers, unhappy with only 10 BTLs (and hence only f**king over 10 young people) are so greedy they want more more more.

Can't we just shoot anyone with a second property?
                  +1
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Was around at the wife's Aunties property at the weekend that has just finished being refurbed - looks good and while we were there the next door neighbours visited - they are an Eastern European family renting, and their landlord is selling up, so were enquiring if the maisonette was being sold or being rented as they would like to stay in the area
                    The owners of the maisonette above the Aunties (who had just sold theirs for a crazy amount of money) said they were a lovely family and kept the property spotless - so she told the EE's to go through the agent and it looks like a done deal

Annoyingly this is contrary to my belief that we should exit the EU which would mean no more EU migrants to fill our properties - quite a dilemma
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Just in the process of selling our place. Nothing to do with the change in policy, however.

So if all this property comes on the market we'll have ourselves weak demand and supply swells, rental prices collapse a little, profits fall, rates go up.

Yes, it's doom.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X