• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is gravity a force?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard on the radio there is an imminent announcement due confirming the detection of "gravity waves"
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is gravity a force?

Gravity is a force which acts between two objects.

Magnetism is a bit more interesting.
      Last edited by WTFH; 14 January 2016, 19:01.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But how all these different theories reconcile IS where you need to be a proper physicist who understands the maths, I reckon.
        I asked one. He said gravity is a force that can be modelled by treating it as a curvature of spacetime.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Magnetism is a bit more interesting.
          I'll take your word for that :
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Is gravity force for good or not?

That's the real question ...

Comment

Its a force of nature. If it wasn't for gravity you'd have brown and yellow ceilings...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Imagine that you are in a balcony and you jump

Force = G (gravity) [m1(floor) m2(you)] / r2(distance between you and the floor)

Comment

its an ok movie
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Interesting comments. I'm of the opinion that gravity is the sum of other things, which we call a force.

I push a ball from a standstill. The ball moves. We don't call this a force however, rather acceleration.

The same thing is happening with a mass following the curvature of spacetime, it's accelerating.

It makes you wonder about the other fundamental forces.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X