• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Una Stubbs
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Oh no!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh no!
        Indeed. Always remember her in Worzel Gummidge but I'm sure it's not the best part she played. I'd hazard a guess we won't be seeing any Until Death Do Us Part re-runs anytime soon.. or like forever!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          To which I will post this from popbitch in 2012 (although the story is way older than that)

>> Una Bummer <<
          Keeping Stubbs off the internet

After referencing the Una Stubbs urban
          legend last week, we were emailed by
          someone close to the Stubbs family.
          Apparently Una has no idea about the
          coffee table story and her kids have
          gone to all sorts of lengths to ensure
          she doesn't find out. They've pretty
          much banned her from using the internet
          for fear that she will google herself,
          and have told her many tales about the
          perils of searching for your own name
          online, claiming it leaves you open to
          scammers and hackers - just in case
          she ever gets tempted.

We're told that the story itself is
          totally untrue and that Una "wouldn't
          hurt a fly, nor tulip on a coffee table."
          Her kids are similarly lovely and have
          worked their arses off trying to cover
          it for this long.

So if you ever meet Una, please don't
          mention it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sean Lock: Comedian and 8 Out of 10 Cats captain dies aged 58

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58254859
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh crap!

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/20...k-dies-aged-58

The comedian Sean Lock has died at the age of 58.
              The TV star, known for his surreal content and deadpan style, was a team captain on Jimmy Carr’s Channel 4 comedy panel show 8 Out Of 10 Cats and the spin-off, 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown. He also wrote and starred in the popular BBC sitcom 15 Storeys High.
              A statement from his agent, Off the Kerb Productions, said: “It is with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Sean Lock. He died at home from cancer, surrounded by his family.
              “Sean was one of Britain’s finest comedians, his boundless creativity, lightning wit and the absurdist brilliance of his work, marked him out as a unique voice in British comedy. Sean was also a cherished husband and father to three children. Sean will be sorely missed by all that knew him.
              “We kindly request that the privacy of his family and children is respected at this difficult time.”
              Lee Mack, a comedian and close friend, paid tribute to Lock: “I’ve known this day was coming for some time, but it’s no less heart-breaking. A true original both in comedy and life. I will miss him so much.”
              Born in Woking, Surrey, Lock left school in the early 1980s and began working on building sites. He later developed skin cancer, which he blamed on overexposure to the sun. He made a full recovery and focused on a career in comedy.
              One of his first professional TV appearances was in 1993, starring alongside Rob Newman and David Baddiel on their signature TV show Newman And Baddiel In Pieces.
              He script-edited the 1998 BBC Two series Is It Bill Bailey? and had his own show on BBC Radio 4 called 15 Minutes Of Misery, which was later expanded into the TV series 15 Storeys High. The show was set in a tower block and centred on a pessimistic character called Vince (played by Lock) and his flatmate Errol, played by Benedict Wong.
              In 2005 Lock became a regular team captain on the panel show 8 Out Of 10 Cats, a role he held for 18 series.
              Between 2006 and 2007 he hosted the Channel 4 series TV Heaven, Telly Hell, in which he invited celebrities to share their own selection of TV’s triumphs and tragedies. Guests on the show included Alan Davies, Johnny Vaughan, David Mitchell, Bill Bailey, Johnny Vegas and Nick Hancock.
              Speaking at the time, Lock told the Press Association news agency, he said: “I think one of my all-time favourite shows is Catchphrase with Roy Walker. I loved it. I used to like Roy’s restraint because, for a comedian, the opportunity to take the mick out of some of the ridiculous answers could have been too hard to resist.”
              Lock also appeared on panel shows including Have I Got News for You, QI, and They Think It’s All Over.
              In 2000 he won the gong for the best live stand-up at the British Comedy Awards.

Comment

Apparently it wasn't a particular secret he was unwell but this came as a total bolt out of the blue when I saw it on FaceBook. Very sad.
                Obviously he's done loads of different things but the countdown crossover thing was a lovely show seemingly born almost by accident, and he was very much the lynchpin of it.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Daaamn I was only watching some of the countdown clips with him this morning as well. Seen them so many times but never stop being funny. Real shame that.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Austin Mitchell MP

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-aged-86.html

Darn he usually had something interesting to say.

Labour MP Austin Mitchell dies aged 86: Sir Keir Starmer leads tributes to outspoken politician and former TV presenter who once changed his name to 'Haddock' to promote struggling fishing industry
                    • Austin Mitchell, ardent Eurosceptic and outspoken former MP of Great Grimsby, has died in hospital aged 86
                    • Mr Mitchell, an ex-academic and television reporter, represented North East Lincolnshire port for 38 years
                    • Labour politician held his seat until 2015 through his support for Grimsby's declining fish industry
                    • Sir Keir Starmer paid tribute to Mr Mitchell's 'dedication' to his constituents and 'big sense of humour'
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Did we do this one? Peter Corby, inventor of the Corby Trouser Press died earlier this month

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituari...ecame-fixture/

Comment

Working...
                      X