• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeman Dyson: The man behind the sphere, Freeman Dyson, is dead at 96 | Ars Technica

Comment

oh darn!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Also involved in the Manhattan Project and The Orion Project:

Project Orion (nuclear propulsion) - Wikipedia

Boldly going etc.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rosie the Riveter, aka Rosalind P. Walter: Rosalind P. Walter, 95, First ‘Rosie the Riveter’ and a PBS Funder, Dies - The New York Times

Also a noted philanthropist in later years.

Comment

Max Von Sydow: Actor dies aged 90 - BBC News

Max Von Sydow deed at 90, was in The Exorcist amongst much, much more

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Max Von Sydow: Actor dies aged 90 - BBC News

Max Von Sydow deed at 90, was in The Exorcist amongst much, much more

Excellent in "The Seventh Seal" and "Three Days of the Condor" as well.

Other than that he mostly seemed to play Nazis - and he wasn't even German. RIP.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post

Excellent in "The Seventh Seal" and "Three Days of the Condor" as well.

Other than that he mostly seemed to play Nazis - and he wasn't even German. RIP.
                One of my favourite actors but I think for last ten years I been wondering about this day.

RIP von Steiner, Ming, et al.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                  One of my favourite actors but I think for last ten years I been wondering about this day.

RIP von Steiner, Ming, et al.

qh
                  A great actor, but he was also in the worst Bond ever (thankfully a non-canonical remake)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    A great actor, but he was also in the worst Bond ever (thankfully a non-canonical remake)
                    Agreed. I hope he was very well paid, by way of compensation...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One of few redeeming features of Stallone's Judge Dredd movie. RIP Max.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X