• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Young Muslims Threaten Nudist Bathers

no mention in the BBC for some reason.
    3 places running the story, Breibart, JF and the Daily Mail.
    On the side bar of the DM story is a link to one about Megan McKenna getting abuse for wearing a bikini.

I doubt the Beeb will run that one either.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Welsh girl 'kept in a cage for 4 years in Saudi Arabia' for un-Islamic behaviour by her dad | Daily Mail Online

though at time the thought appeals to me I'm not sure I could do this to our teenager.

seriously and we want to sell this country weapons?
      Forget what we sell them. Of more concern is their funding of British mosques.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So, we need to stop selling them weapons and stop them sending money.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Selling them weapons is taking money from them.

If we can switch to Venezuelan oil, it would be a start.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you want them to change their behavior then Sanctions are an accepted method. If as suspected Saudi & others are funding terrorism then if we want to stop terrorism the most effective way is to cut off the money.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tie your teenager down

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Selling them weapons is taking money from them.
              Or, selling weapons is supplying terrorists with weapons.
              ...but maybe that's not important to some because we make money from it.

Comment

Build lots of nuclear power stations. Develop electric cars. Stop buying oil.

Or just stop selling them arms then invade.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Build lots of nuclear power stations.
                  No point in doing that - we get foreigners in to build them and run them, while paying them over the odds to do it.

Would make more sense to have British built and British run nuclear power stations, but that won't happen because the shareholders might not make as quick a profit early on.

Comment

3 places running the story, Breibart, JF and the Daily Mail.
                    On the side bar of the DM story is a link to one about Megan McKenna getting abuse for wearing a bikini.

I doubt the Beeb will run that one either.
                    so are you saying its made up or that other papers are refusing to cover it?

I see straw....
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

so are you saying its made up or that other papers are refusing to cover it?

I see straw....
                      No, I just went to search where else was covering it and the only other two places were the DM and Breibart.
                      I then noticed the DM's sidebar and the third story down was about some woman being abused for wearing a bikini, so that would be two stories about people being abused for wearing little to no clothes.

Comment

Working...
                      X