• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"I read somewhere..."

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    No, the DM equates them, not me. I just checked one of the sources of your headline and noticed that it is reporting two stories where it headlines them about abuse over clothing.
    I think it is disgraceful that people should be spat at.
    both being on the front page does not men they are equal. There are stories about cute squirrels next to air crashes on the BBC does that mean they are equal?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      I checked the Breitbart source (Junge Freiheit) but it is blocked at work due to being a right wing site (which you can tell by the name, a rather nasty extremely right wing site), however I did find it in the local paper for the area and it goes on about them being 'sudländisch' which equates to anything from Mediterranean to Arabic countries
      So Breitbart (I assume is the german Daily Mail equivalent) quoted a story from Junge Freiheit (The German BNP newsletter) which was based on a real report in the local paper.

So if Jesus's second coming was reported in the Daily mail, Stormfront & the Powys Times you would deny it ever happened because Stormfront covered it? Nice logic.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        both being on the front page does not men they are equal. There are stories about cute squirrels next to air crashes on the BBC does that mean they are equal?
        If you want to get AtW excited, you're heading in the right direction...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It's a good job that the Holocaust was covered widely otherwise these two winkers would have their doubts about that too.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I sense straw.

Both the DM stories were about abuse. I didn't write them, I didn't check them. I shared the fact that the DM considers them equal, not me.

If there were two stories on the BBC about air crashes, then I would see them as similar/equal. A headline saying "cute squirrel" and one saying "air crash" are NOT equal. A headline saying "abuse" and another saying "abuse" would imply that the media outlet which is posting the headlines considers them as equal, not me. In fact, I'm the one pointing out the idiocy of the comparison, yet you say I am the one making it.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I sense straw.

Both the DM stories were about abuse. I didn't write them, I didn't check them. I shared the fact that the DM considers them equal, not me.

If there were two stories on the BBC about air crashes, then I would see them as similar/equal. A headline saying "cute squirrel" and one saying "air crash" are NOT equal. A headline saying "abuse" and another saying "abuse" would imply that the media outlet which is posting the headlines considers them as equal, not me. In fact, I'm the one pointing out the idiocy of the comparison, yet you say I am the one making it.
              Is it fact that the DM considers them equal, or are they simply related, as many sidebar stories tend to be, given that they are often listed under headings such as Related, Related Stories or Related News?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I sense straw.

You understand how they build the sidebar don't you? The site word matches , so you are building you premise on a computer match.

So if one Air crash was caused by poor maintenance and the other by a bomb are they still equivalent?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Is it fact that the DM considers them equal, or are they simply related, as many sidebar stories tend to be, given that they are often listed under headings such as Related, Related Stories or Related News?
                  if you hate the DM enough there can be no logic! Its the paper of Beelzebub

Comment

So Breitbart (I assume is the german Daily Mail equivalent) quoted a story from Junge Freiheit (The German BNP newsletter) which was based on a real report in the local paper.

So if Jesus's second coming was reported in the Daily mail, Stormfront & the Powys Times you would deny it ever happened because Stormfront covered it? Nice logic.
                    Nope, Breitbart News Network (known simply as Breitbart News, Breitbart or Breitbart.com) is a politically conservative American news and opinion website so for your second comment, then that would ring true...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So if one Air crash was caused by poor maintenance and the other by a bomb are they still equivalent?

If 100 people die in an air crash, then 100 people are dead.
                      If you feel that one group are of more value than another because of how the crash occurred, then that's your moral judgement, not mine.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X