• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saturday's lottery jackpot

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The nice people at the lottery have emailed me to let me know that they expect their site to crash tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Why are you wasting your time on a piddly £50 million? You should be playing for $700 million.
      Yeah, that's just amazing. That's getting into "struggle to spend it" territory.

I'd be happy with just the 50 .Heck even a solitary million would be nice - not enough to retire on but enough to allow early retirement if invested wisely.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yet again I won a free ticket from Weds, so may as well enter.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nah. Skint. Can someone lend me a pot?
          Get a bridging loan!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            The nice people at the lottery have emailed me to let me know that they expect their site to crash tomorrow.
            I got that email around one this morning. Honest, at least

Comment

CUK USA Lottery Syndicate Member:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                Why are you wasting your time on a piddly £50 million? You should be playing for $700 million.
                Apparently you do not get it all at once but spread over 29 years.

And you pay tax in it too.

According to the radio anyway

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Apparently you do not get it all at once but spread over 29 years.

And you pay tax in it too.

According to the radio anyway
                  You can choose whether to take a lower lump sum or the annuity. I read something the other day arguing that it's best to take the cash, as the annuity providers could legally renege on you a few years down the line. I think the lump sum would work out to something over $400million, and still be well over $200million after tax

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    You can choose whether to take a lower lump sum or the annuity. I read something the other day arguing that it's best to take the cash, as the annuity providers could legally renege on you a few years down the line. I think the lump sum would work out to something over $400million, and still be well over $200million after tax
                    Should keep you going for a few years

🍻

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Yeah, that's just amazing. That's getting into "struggle to spend it" territory.
                      Now up to $800 million.

Comment

Working...
                      X