• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Under 45? Oh dear!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    That's because at no point do you acknowledge the mess your generation has left my generation with. And we have no oil or gold left to pay for your mistakes. Instead we are told to shut up, don't complain, don't blame, just fix our mess. And be thankful of any crumbs that have fallen off the table.
    Didnt you read LondonManc's concise post? Every generation got left a mess, and the 3 or more before you got a bigger mess than you can even imagine.

We have no oil because the government spent it on tax cuts and military spending to "keep a seat at the top table", but it wasn't the baby boomer generation that did that, they weren't in government yet.

And as for "having no gold left" what on earth are you talking about? I can only guess that you are referring to Gordon Brown's big sale of UK gold reserves? If so, I await your argument that that represents the "baby boomer generation" stealing from your generation. I'm a boomer and I didn't sell any gold nor did I gain from that sale so get off my back on that one.

Not every action that you dislike, that was taken by a politician that you reckon was of the baby boomer generation, represents an attack by "the boomers" on future generations. That is sheer paranoia.
    Last edited by expat; 14 December 2015, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Didnt you read LondonManc's concise post? Every generation got left a mess, and the 3 or more before you got a bigger mess than you can even imagine.
      If he was born earlier he would have probably been dead by now either through conscription, consumption or malnutrition.

He forgets there are still people alive who remember no NHS and can remember one of their siblings dying as their parents couldn't afford a doctor....

We have no oil because the government spent it on tax cuts and military spending to "keep a seat at the top table", but it wasn't the baby boomer generation that did that, they weren't in government yet.

And as for "having no gold left" what on earth are you talking about? I can only guess that you are referring to Gordon Brown's big sale of UK gold reserves? If so, I await your argument that that represents the "baby boomer generation" stealing from your generation. I'm a boomer and I didn't sell any gold nor did I gain from that sale so get off my back in that one.
      He was obviously under 18 when Mr Brown sold the gold. If he wasn't then he is to blame like everyone.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        No it's no fun unless he can blame people born after WWII but before 1970* for his problems.

*Really can't be f***ed to get into an argument about the exact years.
        What I can't abide is lower min wages for the young, increased uni fees, reduced education allowances, reduced benefits like housing, and general protection from the state. All the while pensions are triple locked and things like winter fuel isn't means tested
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

If he was born earlier he would have probably been dead by now either through conscription, consumption or malnutrition.

He forgets there are still people alive who remember no NHS and can remember one of their siblings dying as their parents couldn't afford a doctor....

He was obviously under 18 when Mr Brown sold the gold. If he wasn't then he is to blame like everyone.
          You need to get out of your London bubble into the real world.

Comment

And as for "having no gold left" what on earth are you talking about? I can only guess that you are referring to Gordon Brown's big sale of UK gold reserves? If so, I await your argument that that represents the "baby boomer generation" stealing from your generation. I'm a boomer and I didn't sell any gold nor did I gain from that sale so get off my back on that one.

Not every action that you dislike, that was taken by a politician that you reckon was of the baby boomer generation, represents an attack by "the boomers" on future generations. That is sheer paranoia.
            I am well aware of the struggle for previous generations, but land and other opportunities were soft hanging fruit. All that has been picked with precious little for today's young.

Comment

What I can't abide is lower min wages for the young, increased uni fees, reduced education allowances, reduced benefits like housing, and general protection from the state. All the while pensions are triple locked and things like winter fuel isn't means tested
              Pensioners vote.

If young people voted and protested regularly, like the poll tax riots not like riots recently, then this would not happen.

Comment

I am well aware of the struggle for previous generations, but land and other opportunities were soft hanging fruit. All that has been picked with precious little for today's young.
                You really need to talk to some old people one to one - specifically working class old people.

Comment

Pensioners vote.

If young people voted and protested regularly, like the poll tax riots not like riots recently, then this would not happen.
                  They think 50 people liking a post on facebook is a riot
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Plenty of soft-hanging fruit, just look at the commodities markets. In the 1980's oil was very expensive. You can buy cheap mining and oil shares.

When anyone bought the soft-hanging fruit in 1990 it dropped by 25% in 5 years.

I suspect house prices will drop at some point.

Takes courage to buy soft-hanging fruit because usually it's dropping like a stone.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 December 2015, 15:40.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

You need to get out of your London bubble into the real world.
                      So there weren't slums in the rest of the country? Were I went to university they actually bull dozed the slums there in pretence of regeneration. It was actually a way of cleaning out the criminals.

Comment

Working...
                      X