• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Under 45? Oh dear!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    I am well aware of the struggle for previous generations, but land and other opportunities were soft hanging fruit. All that has been picked with precious little for today's young.
    You're verging into 'what have the Romans ever done for us?' territory here. I'd bet 99% of people on this planet would swap places with you.

Comment

I am well aware of the struggle for previous generations, but land and other opportunities were soft hanging fruit. All that has been picked with precious little for today's young.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I'd bet 99% of people on this planet would swap places with you.
        Exactly. He needs to MTFU work out what he is aiming for and try harder IMO.
        And I'm not a boomer myself, I'm a little younger than that
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          So there weren't slums in the rest of the country? Were I went to university they actually bull dozed the slums there in pretence of regeneration. It was actually a way of cleaning out the criminals.
          Yawn
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Plenty of soft-hanging fruit, just look at the commodities markets. In the 1980's oil was very expensive. You can buy cheap mining and oil shares.

When anyone bought the soft-hanging fruit in 1990 it dropped by 25% in 5 years.

I suspect house prices will drop at some point.

Takes courage to buy soft-hanging fruit because usually it's dropping like a stone.
            Catching falling knives?

Comment

Pensioners vote.

If young people voted and protested regularly, like the poll tax riots not like riots recently, then this would not happen.
              The police photoID you now and you are blackmarked

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Exactly. He needs to MTFU work out what he is aiming for and try harder IMO.
                And I'm not a boomer myself, I'm a little younger than that
                I'm definitely not a boomer but then I live in the London bubble and have never worked or lived outside of London
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The police photoID you now and you are blackmarked
                  That's what a mask is for
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I'm definitely not a boomer but then I live in the London bubble and have never worked or lived outside of London
                    Helped onto the ladder/cherry picker and lifted to the top.

Comment

Catching falling knives?
                      Houses were falling knives in the 1990's.

Everything that's a "soft hanging fruit" is a falling knife.

If you follow this forum you'd note we're all buying up mining and oil companies.

There's no such thing as soft hanging fruit that just simply jumps up in price.

The housing price recovery lasted all of 2 years, after that everyone moaned they were too expensive or before it was a "falling knife".
                      Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 December 2015, 15:58.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X