• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump - Ban all Muslims

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That isn't the original source; that's the thing they put out there for plausible deniability. He made his rabble-rousing speech. Then he hid, and let his campaign manager answer questions on his behalf; when journalists asked if this would apply to various cases such as US citizens, the military, and so on, the campaign manager said it would apply to "all".

Then Trump came out from his box and said it wouldn't apply to Muslim members of the military or “people living in the country.” (He left that last phrase deliberately vague.)

Then, having kicked up enough tulip, they post the "official" announcement online for the gullible to find and use to defend him.

And you never disappoint, do you? A fascist rabble rouser can always rely on there being enough contemptibly stupid people to come out in support of whatever bile they spew.
    So you are agreeing that it's not true then?
    Statement made, questions asked, clarifications made = proposal doesn't apply to literally ALL muslims (unsurprisingly as that would likely be unconstitutional in the first place).

And I've never claimed to, nor implied, that I support him in any way. As an aside. It seems wilful misrepresentation is a common theme here.

Comment

And here's a clip of him talking live at the time (although it looks edited, but i've not seen any other any different), incase anyone is inclined to listen to the people spreading falsehoods here:

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
        So you are agreeing that it's not true then?
        Statement made, questions asked, clarifications made = proposal doesn't apply to literally ALL muslims (unsurprisingly as that would likely be unconstitutional in the first place).

And I've never claimed to, nor implied, that I support him in any way. As an aside. It seems wilful misrepresentation is a common theme here.
        Inflammatory statement made; behind the scenes, off the record briefings given, of calculated vagueness with implications that fan the flames; allow to blaze merrily for a while; publish "official" version of remarks to "clarify" the position. By then the damage is done, and the guilty proceed to affect an air of injured innocence.

If you don't already know that that's how these things work, then you seriously need to educate yourself.

Comment

Inflammatory statement made; behind the scenes, off the record briefings given, of calculated vagueness with implications that fan the flames; allow to blaze merrily for a while; publish "official" version of remarks to "clarify" the position. By then the damage is done, and the guilty proceed to affect an air of injured innocence.

If you don't already know that that's how these things work, then you seriously need to educate yourself.
          It's not clear from that whether you are agreeing that he does wan't to stop Muslim servicemen & women from returning home, or not?
          As the video above neither states nor implies as much, and I'm pointing out that the suggestion is demonstrably false, what's your point?

If I do decide to educate myself, will I learn how to master the technique of using double quotes to magically make an argument without having to manually formulate one of any substance?

Comment

Do not get involved in the cess pit of US politics, no matter how passionate you are
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's not clear from that whether you are agreeing that he does wan't to stop Muslim servicemen & women from returning home, or not?
              As the video above neither states nor implies as much, and I'm pointing out that the suggestion is demonstrably false, what's your point?

If I do decide to educate myself, will I learn how to master the technique of using double quotes to magically make an argument without having to manually formulate one of any substance?
              He didn't address the specific point in his speech. Then when the question was raised afterwards, his campaign manager implied that even military and other US citizens abroad who are Muslim would be prevented from returning. And then they left it on a rolling boil for a few hours, and then he "clarified" his position once the desired effect had been achieved.

The original post by darmstadt repeated what the media were reporting were his views, as they had been given to understand them by his entourage during the rolling boil period. That way he gets all the benefits that would accrue to him from a particular sector of his following if he were to openly utter the vilest hate speech, yet can turn around the next day and claim he was misinterpreted, or the media are putting words in his mouth, or whatever; but the hate-fuelled types he's appealing to know what's going on.

Comment

Wilson, a Republican strategist, noted with horror that Trump has been evasive on whether his ban applies to American citizens, something which would be grotesquely unconstitutional. “I wanted to hear that explicitly stated,” Wilson said. “American citizens are exempted from this, and in order to satisfy his supporters, he can’t and won’t say that.”

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.
                Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told CNN on Monday that the ban would apply not just to Muslim foreigners looking to immigrate to the U.S., but also to Muslims looking to visit the U.S. as tourists.
                "Everyone," Lewandowski said when asked if the ban would also apply to Muslim tourists.
                Trump confirmed that his policy would not apply to current Muslims in the U.S. during a Fox News interview on Monday evening.
                "I have Muslim friends, Greta, and they're wonderful people. But there's a tremendous section and cross-section of Muslims living in our country who have tremendous animosity," he told Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren. "It does not apply to people living in the country, except we have to be vigilant."
                All a bit vague to be honest, he's just winging it now...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Americans always want to go one better:

+

=

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Then when the question was raised afterwards, his campaign manager implied that even military and other US citizens abroad who are Muslim would be prevented from returning. .
                    I don't think this is true - not that it's particularly relevant anyway.

But if you have a quotation then I'd like to see it.

All i've seen is a response to a question asking specifically about tourists & students on visas.

Comment

We are going to have a fab time in 2021. We could have Trump in the USA, Putin in Russia, Le Penn in France and Corbyn in the UK

The idiot, the expansionist, the racist and the pacifist.....

Are lead sheets still tax deductible after the AS?

Comment

Working...
                      X