• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Christmas Dinner Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    Lots of curry houses do Christmas specials!
    We've freinds who are doing this for the 2nd year in a row, after realising that they'd rather spend the day together rather than stressing over cooking.

If it's two of you I'd probably go for a nice chicken and stay traditional.

Or just stay in bed all day.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Leaning towards Venison Wellington, assuming my local butcher get get me a nice even sized piece of fillet
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Right menu for tomorrow is as follows:

Breakfast

Eggs Royale

NV Moet and Orange Juice

Canapé's

Brie and Cranberry Parcels
        Quail Scotch Egg
        Pigs in Blankets

Starter

Lobster Tortellini with Samphire

2014 Reisiling

Main

Venison Wellington
        Horseradish Mash
        Sprout Puree (H/T following Norrahe's recipie)
        Baby Carrots
        Horse chestnuts

1998 Saint-Emillion (which I hope is still good, or a 2001 Haut-Medoc is not)

Cheese

Stilton
        Brie
        Camembert
        Wensleydale with apricots ()

2001 Grahams Port

Dessert

Christmas Pudding & Squirty Creme (not my choice, not a pudding person so MrsMac has bought)

Yamazaki Distiller's Reserve
        Attempting to make everything from scratch apart from the pastry!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Leaning towards Venison Wellington, assuming my local butcher get get me a nice even sized piece of fillet
          Can't you just take a drive round Richmond park?

Every year they have to remove 50 deer. 12 die in car crashes. 38 have to be shot. Or scared to death by Benton.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Right menu for tomorrow is as follows:

Attempting to make everything from scratch apart from the pastry!
            Goose this year for the main. Crayfish to start playing with my new iSi gourmet whip to make the sauce, also using it to make the blinis to go with the beetroot cured salmon . Wines will be along the lines of Billecart Salmon, St Romain, Nuits St Georges and a '98 Colheita madeira to go with the brandy meringue bombe. Got a traditional stinky Limburg cheese and a crotin de chevre and some shropshire blue.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Goose Crown sous vide. Cook for 8 hours at 54 degrees then roast in the halogen oven for 30 minutes.
              Baste with Ginger Wine. Serve with Port and Honey sauce.
              (All courtesy of Lidl, of course)
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                Goose Crown sous vide. Cook for 8 hours at 54 degrees then roast in the halogen oven for 30 minutes.
                Baste with Ginger Wine. Serve with Port and Honey sauce.
                (All courtesy of Lidl, of course)
                What time is your alarm clock set for?

Comment

I've got a nice corn-fed chicken (lemon up it's bum), with the usual veg. For the flourish I will be making my own gravy.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Pate de Campagne with sourdough toast, a watercress salad and beetroot and red onion jam to start.

Rare roast rib of beef with the usual extras.

Creme Caramel for dessert (neither of us like xmas pud)

Have spent today making gluten free profiteroles, eclairs and mince pies as well
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

This unapproved by me falsely claiming official status thread should be locked

Comment

Working...
                      X