• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Christmas Dinner Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    Finished with a wafer thin mint?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Assuming I'm sober, it'll be hot smoked trout for a starter, rib eye fillet for main, and lemon tart for dessert, with gallons of Rioja and a whiskey finish.

If I'm still phished, a plate full of Shreddies.

Comment

Bought a frozen turkey yesterday, and left it by an open fire to defrost overnight

But this morning it's still mostly frozen solid - Looks like I won't be having my Christmas dinner until about the 28th

Unless I just roast it anyway, and then slice the meat off from the outside until I reach the still frozen core

OH in "wondering if the microwave might be any good for defrosting without drying the thing to a crisp" mode
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Bought a frozen turkey yesterday, and left it by an open fire to defrost overnight

But this morning it's still mostly frozen solid - Looks like I won't be having my Christmas dinner until about the 28th

Unless I just roast it anyway, and then slice the meat off from the outside until I reach the still frozen core

OH in "wondering if the microwave might be any good for defrosting without drying the thing to a crisp" mode
          That's an example of "How to get food poisoning 101."

If you want to speed up defrosting meat put in pan, bowl or sink of COLD water.

Mind you were I am you can run out and get some chicken or fish as some small grocers are open.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Just eat it nearly raw, that's what the French would do in a posh restaurant.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Just eat it nearly raw, that's what the French would do in a posh restaurant.
              And if you drink enough wine and spirits you won't get food poisoning.

Comment

And if you drink enough wine and spirits you won't get food poisoning.
                And that's an effin fact!

Comment

Goulash today, leftover goulash tomorrow (Actually yesterday was Christmas here so presents and big meal was yesterday)
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Mind you were I am you can run out and get some chicken or fish as some small grocers are open.
                    Yes, I had a vague perception it wasn't entirely sound from an avoiding-food-poisoning perspective

But I'm intrigued - Why cold water? Surely it would be better to soak it in boiling water?!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Yes, I had a vague perception it wasn't entirely sound from an avoiding-food-poisoning perspective

But I'm intrigued - Why cold water? Surely it would be better to soak it in boiling water?!
                      Hot water starts it cooking and can increase bacteria growth.* Cold water is warmer than ice so will still speed up the defrosting process.

*There are exceptions to this but your turkey isn't one of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X