• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How is it possible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably can't afford it.

So we do.

If they have 6 kids then they probably have an entitlement for 4 beds. HB will pay based on actual beds not entitled. For 3 bed it is likely around £800/month ceiling depending upon where it is.

Working 16 hours gives access to certain other benefits.

All capped to 26k per year thankfully.

Comment

How are you CERTAIN that they are on benefits and how do you know how much she gets paid?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
        apparently you can demand a house suitable for the size of your family. there were reports a while back about families getting large properties in Kensington rented for them.
        If the 6 sprogs are all of a certain age and different sex (not all six of them, but these days its probably possible) then they all need (by law) their own room...
        There is some expectation of sharing -don't know the details. However, if they can get a diagnosis such as autism, then such a child is entitled to their own bedroom.

Back in the 50s when they were clearing slums, large families remained in the slums because there was a requirement, when rehousing, for a certain number of bedrooms for the kids. Even though the parents were desperate to move and would have been quite happy to have a shiny new two-bed house for the e.g. eight of them!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          Working 16 hours gives access to certain other benefits and removes the cap.

All capped to 26k per year if you are unemployed.
          ftfy unfortunately we are almost certainly funding it.

as for the chap on benefits in mums flat then if he is claiming housing benefit its a fiddle and the daily heil would be interested if the benefits people aren't
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            They probably can't afford it.

So we do.

If they have 6 kids then they probably have an entitlement for 4 beds. HB will pay based on actual beds not entitled. For 3 bed it is likely around £800/month ceiling depending upon where it is.

Working 16 hours gives access to certain other benefits.

All capped to 26k per year thankfully.
            Not if you are working. The cap is only if you are not claiming working tax credits.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              as for the chap on benefits in mums flat then if he is claiming housing benefit its a fiddle and the daily heil would be interested if the benefits people aren't
              How's it a fiddle though, his rent gets paid by Housing Benefit, it just happens that his landlord also happens to be his parents?
              Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
              "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Bluespider View Post
                That doesn't sound like a housing benefit place then, no way near enough rooms any way you look at it. (from a council perspective).

Maybe they are just independently wealthy or maybe they know the owner/landlord and are getting it much cheaper?
                I know they are on benefits, I've looked them up on facebook. She is a low paid worker, part time.

But it's possible they are independently wealthy but I just know it's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  How's it a fiddle though, his rent gets paid by Housing Benefit, it just happens that his landlord also happens to be his parents?
                  Because it is illegal to have Housing Benefit paid to a family member. So, either he is fiddling or you are fibbing.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  I know they are on benefits, I've looked them up on facebook.
                  Get a ******* life you sad twunt.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

The same way everyone else affords houses, by budgeting their income to their expenditure.

£750 a month is not a lot for private renting, 6 kids I assume it will be a 4 bedroom
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW
                      Get a ******* life you sad twunt.
                      Will do thank you.
                      Last edited by woohoo; 30 November 2015, 16:57. Reason: The sad twat needs a bit if positive feedback in his life. I hope his sad, tulipty, miserable life improved by my words.

Comment

Working...
                      X